Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haomuch

Hi today I just found that the eos m can only use manual lens with M, Av, Tv, and P modes. The shutter can't be released under other mode even it is already set to release without lenses. I just wondering if we can break this limit and allow the shutter to release under all modes?

1%

So I can't turn on the meters myself :(... if I do it freezes like with wav. But I can stop them from turning off at least with so far no side effects.

What do you mean it can't? I took the lens off and it let me shoot in movie/photo mode.

Ok found a side effect, video w/audio locks up the camera, I'm having problems turning it off in the same manner as wav/asif/beep.

But found something new... state signatures?

http://pastebin.com/Y8TQYeTv

mountain_drew

Quote from: 1% on August 28, 2013, 03:49:03 PM
I found focus info around 0x8926C. The numbers look like the prop on 6D, have to see what is what. and compare. Trap focus may yet work.
Trap focus would be amazing!
Keep up the good work!

haomuch

The shutter can't be released without AF lens on under HDR and handle night shooting modes for example. Just like I said, it can only shoot under the first four M, Av, Tv, and P modes.

BernardDigital

Quote from: gary2013 on August 28, 2013, 08:48:51 PM
tap the LCD display once with two fingers on one hand and the ML menus turn on. Tapping the Info button cycles through the four different displays with ML being one of them. The two finer tap on the LCD works with any display showing.

Gary

Thank you so much Gary and the Dev's for this amazing functionality...

Is the intervelometer working for everyone else? When I go to enable it, the camera pops back to video display and brings up a screen that says the intervelometer is about to start... but when it gets to zero nothing happens and the camera sort of locks up... none of the physical buttons work but if you tap with two fingers (thanks Gary  ;) the ML menu comes back up but you can only cycle to the right through the different categories but you can not select anything... The only way to get control back is to eject the battery and restart the camera...

Epyonxero, did you do anything special?

1%

Ok, those modes. I see override isn't overriding stuff for stills either.

feureau

I'm still getting random purple. I'm still not sure how to reproduce it. But on one occasion, I got this recording:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaJAIr-o6OA&feature=youtu.be

The camera was actually panning down in that shot.

On a different occasion, last night, I was playing with the fps override and it consistently purple at 12 fps low light mode. I can turn it off with the on/off button and it will restart, but once I did a battery pull, it won't reproduce.

@1% have you ever had this problem? On the one hand it's annoying, on the other hand... is there a way to make this consistently reproducible so we can record glitch art videos? :D

EDIT: I managed to get a purple screen by using FPS override: http://youtu.be/hW7cH8-pUZo These are 5 shots edited together.

vprocessing

I've posted a few days ago on page 44 reply 1075 of this thread...
I think I was so excited to have my M MagicLanternized ! that I forgot to set my brain to on !!! :P
So as I'm not used to touchscreen for serious gear... I didn't think ML was now a touch app !
So I've found most of my request with the touch menus !

If I understand well the squeeze is due to line skipping ?

I've found discounted Sandisk SDHC UHSI 95mb/s so I've bought one and RAW video seems to be stable.
I'm going to seaside to visit family, I'm gonna try longer recordings but from now 1 to 2 min shot are writing well.

PinkDotremoval seems to work like a charm ! How guys did that ? Are the dots in the metadata...can't understand how you achieve this process but it seems to work and to be without artefacts or approximation...

For me intervallometer still don't work : black screen, or Liveview working but with no response . When I set to Off, black screen with blinking LED, when then put on On it usually make a shutter sound but stuck on LiveView...So pull battery to unlock M...

Menu button change the apparence of the ML menu.

MY bigger QUESTION ??? :o  or REQUEST ?  8)
Will live audio monitoring will be available like on the mark II ?
The AV cable AVC-DC400ST (that is sold separatly...from 5 to 20$) would be required but for me, this function would be SOOOOOO NICE !
Is it possible ? Will you work on it ?

The crop mode is 3x on the M ?
Same crop factor on the 50D ?

I'm still booting each time for ML but didn't try to change for now

AGAIN MANY THANKS !
.V

gary2013

1%

QuoteWill live audio monitoring will be available like on the mark II ?

It looks possible. I posted a whole thread about audio in reverse engineering. Need to figure out the I2c functions to send the commands or ghetto it somehow with the TestSetAudioHeadphone

I know about the purple FPS thing, just hit play if that happens and then go back to LV. I have to set better limits for timer B which I started and never finished.

BTW, found some dual ISO stuff. It should work in LV and photo, just have to figure out which is which.

markr041

Just another vote for live audio monitoring (and audio meter fix). Meanwhile I am enjoying playing with RAW shooting.

zuzukasuma

Quote from: 1% on August 29, 2013, 06:13:09 PM
BTW, found some dual ISO stuff. It should work in LV and photo, just have to figure out which is which.

this is great! I'm looking forward to test dual ISO on EOS M. do you think you can crank the sensitivity to 14Ev (ISO 100-12800) ?

on 550D I can get max 11 + 2,4Ev (theoretically).
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

1%

We'll see tomorrow. The 128K might not be real.

feureau

Quote from: 1% on August 29, 2013, 06:13:09 PM
I know about the purple FPS thing, just hit play if that happens and then go back to LV. I have to set better limits for timer B which I started and never finished.

Cool. Thanks!

This is more of a feature request, but is it possible to add something to trigger this purple thing so we can make glitch-art videos not unlike this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaJAIr-o6OA&feature=youtu.be please? :3

haomuch

Hello 1% I know you are busy with many other features development and may not be able to improve the magic zoom function so quickly. Therefore I have a little suggestion as a work around for the manual focus. Currently I am using the automatic zoom when half shutter in the liveview tweak function in order to precisely focus. It could be a very good substitution of the magic room function. However as I posted before this function currently works in a kind of unstable way. In many situation the liveview get automatic zoom right after the shutter half pressed. And that process just obviously delays the shutter time, which makes it difficult to capture some quick moments. So I am wondering if we can have the option to trigger that function after a certain period when half pressed the shutter and allow immediate shutter if directly pressed down it. I believe it could make this function even more useful and handy.

Of course we finally want to see an improved magic room feature since it doesn't change the view range.

1%

I know, I badly want sync on this camera... not just for MZ but display filter too. So far I've come up short.

Anyways, dual iso works. Wonder how it will play with the dots in LV, photo is ok it seems.

The digic registers make for much more fun glitch art than fps override :)

gary2013

1%

Its worth a check, I have a few things to check out actually before I put up another d/l

zuzukasuma

Quote from: 1% on August 30, 2013, 04:15:30 PM
Anyways, dual iso works. Wonder how it will play with the dots in LV, photo is ok it seems.

I think we can use the same pink dot remover to remove dual iso AF dots.

its algorithm works the same way.

BernardDigital

Is the intervalolmeter working for everyone else? For me it hangs and freezes up the camera after the countdown gets to zero to start the time-lapse... 

1%

Ok, here is the chance to find out I guess... I think sync is causing trouble with the LV dual ISO, it looks flashy on screen, not sure bout video so test first. Hopefully intevalometer works for you as it does for me.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5DFullbackADTGui.zip

zuzukasuma

well, its not a bug but, in continuous mode, when you shoot Dual ISO ( with 1 normal - 1dual iso option ) 1st frame normal, 2nd frame dual-iso, 3-4-5-6 dual iso continues. timelapse and dual iso works so far but I think we need a new cr2hdr converter.

*update: pink dot remover 2013.08.08 works to remove dots from RAW - Dual ISO video frames but, as I said before, we need new cr2hdr converter "pack" this time with raw2dng.exe :)

gary2013

1%

Not ready yet unfortunately...

I can confirm the dual ISO thing. Post an image to the dual ISO thread or I will when the battery charges.

gary2013