Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunFox

Quote from: 1% on August 26, 2013, 06:44:18 PM
I don't know if M supports this, I don't have the OTG cable to check.

The cam have a digital usb/av out. I thought this will be to send the live view to the tablet :o

Dose anyone tested to use the M + ML on Android?

rsaccon

Quote from: FunFox on August 26, 2013, 09:55:59 PM
The cam have a digital usb/av out. I thought this will be to send the live view to the tablet :o

Dose anyone tested to use the M + ML on Android?

Not tested myself (yet), from what I have heard all popular USB  remote control / tethered shooting solutions (including the ones from Canon) do not work on the EOS M. And ML on Android is not in active development, last time I checked, the modifications which allow PTP communication to android device were done on a custom version of ML, no idea if those commits have found their way into the main branch. If EOS M does communicate over USB (I really hope so) then it might be interesting idea to base the android app on dslr dashboard, which is open source and in active development.

zuzukasuma

anyone working on solving issue of intervalometer? I don't want to use RAW video since there is a 4GB limit, but it seems the only option so far.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

FunFox

Quote from: rsaccon on August 26, 2013, 10:45:30 PM
Not tested myself (yet), from what I have heard all popular USB  remote control / tethered shooting solutions (including the ones from Canon) do not work on the EOS M. And ML on Android is not in active development, last time I checked, the modifications which allow PTP communication to android device were done on a custom version of ML, no idea if those commits have found their way into the main branch. If EOS M does communicate over USB (I really hope so) then it might be interesting idea to base the android app on dslr dashboard, which is open source and in active development.
ThankĀ“s for your answer. DSLRdashboard I have tried. It looks like I can control some parts of the cam (ISO, shutter...) but no live view and no rec function.
For me the EOS M incl. the ML will be teh perfect cam to use in my electronic gimbal. ROW, remote controlled and light weight!

haomuch

I don't know if it's related to the ML but yesterday I found my eos m can't show the real time exposure results when I adjust the exposure compensation. I can only see the results after taking the photo. Anyone has any idea?

feureau

Quote from: haomuch on August 27, 2013, 09:10:37 AM
I don't know if it's related to the ML but yesterday I found my eos m can't show the real time exposure results when I adjust the exposure compensation. I can only see the results after taking the photo. Anyone has any idea?

Apparently you've managed to find and disable the exposure sim menu. Enable it and it will adjust for expo comp again.

gary2013

daduke

could anyone please tip me off on how to compile ML for EOS M 2.0.2? I have the toolchain and everything and can compile it just fine for my 700D, but the EOSM target in the unified branch seems to be for the 1.0.6 firmware. How do I get an autoexec.bin for 2.0.2?

thanks a lot,
-d

haomuch

Quote from: feureau on August 27, 2013, 01:11:55 PM
Apparently you've managed to find and disable the exposure sim menu. Enable it and it will adjust for expo comp again.

Thanks very much for the tips. I found the exposure sim option in the ML menu and enabled it to get the real time exposure again. But I can't find the setting in the canon stock setting. Anyone know how to find it?

feureau

Quote from: daduke on August 27, 2013, 06:24:01 PM
could anyone please tip me off on how to compile ML for EOS M 2.0.2? I have the toolchain and everything and can compile it just fine for my 700D, but the EOSM target in the unified branch seems to be for the 1.0.6 firmware. How do I get an autoexec.bin for 2.0.2?

thanks a lot,
-d

Did you get your code from Hudson or tragic lantern? The latest is in tragic lantern, and I'm not sure why but it's been failing to compile on my ML compiler. (I'm using that VM thingy they put up)

funkysound

Quote from: daduke on August 27, 2013, 06:24:01 PM

thanks a lot,
-d

Look here: page 45, post 1110
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

daduke

@funkysound: thanks, but I'm not looking for binaries (I have ML running on my M), but for a way to compile it myself

@feureau: oh, I wasn't aware of the tragic lantern fork. I just cloned it, but it also seems to be for 1.0.6 and no, I can't compile it either. Thanks for the hint!

CinB13

I have a question:

Every time I use the ML to do do regular video recording, when I hit the red movie record button.  The screen tells me that Audio is disabled.  Is there a way to un-disable it - I'm not shooting Raw?  I'm just trying out different types like using the Anamorphic option since I have anamorphic projection lens and wanted to do some widescreen stuff.  Also when I try the Anamorphic, and then hit record with the audio disabled (I don't understand), my filming gets out of whack, e.g.: it shoots a frame a sec.

Is there a way to remedy this?

P.S.: when doing regular movie recording, it would say "Sound disabled"

1%

For focusing I need to find a replacement for the property.

MrEdmondDantes

Quote from: CinB13 on August 28, 2013, 02:14:42 AM
I have a question:

Every time I use the ML to do do regular video recording, when I hit the red movie record button.  The screen tells me that Audio is disabled.  Is there a way to un-disable it - I'm not shooting Raw?  I'm just trying out different types like using the Anamorphic option since I have anamorphic projection lens and wanted to do some widescreen stuff.  Also when I try the Anamorphic, and then hit record with the audio disabled (I don't understand), my filming gets out of whack, e.g.: it shoots a frame a sec.

Is there a way to remedy this?

P.S.: when doing regular movie recording, it would say "Sound disabled"

I would guess that you have "FPS Override" turned on, which will automatically disable sound in any mode.  Make sure that is off if you want sound, even when recording Canon h264.

Does that fix it for you?

epyonxero

Quote from: zuzukasuma on August 27, 2013, 07:53:24 AM
anyone working on solving issue of intervalometer? I don't want to use RAW video since there is a 4GB limit, but it seems the only option so far.

Ive been using the intervalometer for the last couple of weeks with 2.0.2 firmware and it seems to be working fine.

CinB13

Quote from: MrEdmondDantes on August 28, 2013, 02:35:17 AM
I would guess that you have "FPS Override" turned on, which will automatically disable sound in any mode.  Make sure that is off if you want sound, even when recording Canon h264.

Does that fix it for you?

Well, I have worked with FPS Override turned off and still the Sound Disabled would come on after I record something.  Something I noticed, after I reverted back to 2.0.2 firmware, I had to bring my Sound Recording back to audio, so maybe it was something in my part.

I may try to go back to ML and figure out what's going on.

gary2013

funkysound

Quote from: 1% on August 26, 2013, 05:48:13 PM
I have to go to work but I'm planning on EOSM full pack with autoexpo (need *other AE_VALUE maybe) and I wanted to do dual ISO but I'm stuck on logging the regs still. I thought someone posted a full release earlier in the thread.

Is there any chance that dual ISO works also in the normal video mode or does it only work for RAW Video? (if it works on the M one day)
Even if the RAW video thing is really great ... I guess 90% or more of filming will still be H264
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

1%

Yea, but dual ISO photos! I think it will work in LV/Photo as its digic V, differentiating what register is what may be hard but right now getting the log working would be nice.

I found focus info around 0x8926C. The numbers look like the prop on 6D, have to see what is what. and compare. Trap focus may yet work.

I plugged EOSM into USB... canon turns off LV and ML, I couldn't even log it. So if you're wondering why its not shooting LV over USB, now you know.

gary2013

1%

It keeps the video on, not outputting anything yet tho. Its not easy... I have to reverse engineer the whole thing... just audio here and 7D looks promising from looking at it. On other new cameras it just loads a whole mess of commands and sends it as 1 thing to the audio IC.. so like 2x harder to decipher.

There is a nasty way to have meters all the time:

cache_fake(0xFF10ECF8, 0xE1A00000, TYPE_ICACHE);

BernardDigital

I installed ML and everything seemed to work... But no menu's... If I hit the info button a few times the ML overlays will come up but hitting the trash button at the bottom of the jog wheel dose nothing...

I am using a 128 gig card... But I followed the instructions to use MacBoot to make the card bootable and then copied the ML components to the root of the card... The only difference is I added the UpDater.fir with the modules and the correct Autoexec.bin file because my camera is on 2.0.2 and would not recognize the original .fir file...

Any insights on what I might have done wrong or tips and tricks would be amazing... Thank you!!!

gary2013

gary2013