Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamerblot

Quote from: epyonxero on August 19, 2013, 03:59:02 AM
Which button activates ML mode?

Two finger tap touchscreen to get int ML menu

Direction keys to move thru menu

Singer finger tap to go into sub menu of feature
Canon 5D Mark II, 2 x Canon 60D, Canon 1Ds Mark II, Canon EOS M, Canon 16-35mm F2.8, Canon 17-40mm F4.0, Canon 24-70mm F2.8, Canon 24mm F1.4, Sigma 50mm F1.4, Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS, Canon EF-M 18-55mm F3.5-F5.6, ACR 8.1, Photoshop CC, Premier Pro CC, After Effects CC, Mac OS X

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: gamerblot on August 18, 2013, 11:13:45 PM

It boots for me and the bootflag keeps. I can now turn off and on without losing ML and don't have to update the firmware every time like before.
BTW, I do have a 18-55mm lens with a new EOS-M 2.02 (from factory).

+1

works now for me also, it was starting to be a pain.

***UPDATE***
it worked for 1 on and off cycle, 2nd attempt the bootflag was gone, now it won't work for even 1 cycle.

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: 1% on August 19, 2013, 12:48:34 AM
Its possible (and 600D has it in LV) but I get a hang when trying to log cmos, ADTG is fine... I tried today. Nanomad might know how to get it going, I think some address in memory has to be changed.

this is awesome.

when it's all said and done and ML on the M is running flawless, 3 M's for the price of 1 pocket cam may have people thinking.

jerrykil

Three cycles in, i'm still good, Bootflag stayed on.
Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on August 19, 2013, 04:15:59 AM
this is awesome.

when it's all said and done and ML on the M is running flawless, 3 M's for the price of 1 pocket cam may have people thinking.

gamerblot

I've must of turned it off and on about 20-30 times now. Left, came back after a few hours later and turned it on again. No problem, Bootflag stays for me. It's like ML on the other Canon cameras I have.

I've even done a few battery pulls and Bootflag is there when I put the battery back in and turn it on again.

I am seeing some freezing and other stability bugs but hey, this is still ALPHA.
Canon 5D Mark II, 2 x Canon 60D, Canon 1Ds Mark II, Canon EOS M, Canon 16-35mm F2.8, Canon 17-40mm F4.0, Canon 24-70mm F2.8, Canon 24mm F1.4, Sigma 50mm F1.4, Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS, Canon EF-M 18-55mm F3.5-F5.6, ACR 8.1, Photoshop CC, Premier Pro CC, After Effects CC, Mac OS X

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: gamerblot on August 19, 2013, 06:51:06 AM
I am seeing some freezing and other stability bugs but hey, this is still ALPHA.

alpha typically means stable I thought.

it's why Apple release iOS _ Beta _ to developers to work out bugs.

but yeah, it isn't working right for me, I have the "fix" on the root of the SD.  Not quite sure what I'm doing any different, becuase I get ML to load, I'm applying the same "fix" yet it's no good.  Most odd part is I did manage to get the flag to stay ONE time, the other 10 attempts have been fails.

gamerblot

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on August 19, 2013, 08:22:48 AM
alpha typically means stable I thought.

it's why Apple release iOS _ Beta _ to developers to work out bugs.

but yeah, it isn't working right for me, I have the "fix" on the root of the SD.  Not quite sure what I'm doing any different, becuase I get ML to load, I'm applying the same "fix" yet it's no good.  Most odd part is I did manage to get the flag to stay ONE time, the other 10 attempts have been fails.

Did you get rid of the UpDaterM.fir and replace it with EOSM1202.FIR on your SD. You can't have both on your SD card. That is the only thing I did and the only thing I can think of.

ALPHA means experimental, prototype and untested with lots of bugs and not ready for public consumption

funkysound

Good news 1%!
It would be great if someone could combine all the needed and latest files in one zip now for download. It would make things much easier for people like me who get confused by these long installation explanations but are willing to test. Especialy for people who do not speak english perfect.
Is that possible?
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on August 19, 2013, 03:07:23 AM
Check:

Card is bootable
ML autoexec.bin + support files(ml folder from camera/nighlty) are there

Also boot the camera without a card after removing/installing battery.

Want to report a small bug: Intervalometer hangs the camera after the camera has taken the chosen number of pictures. To get it working one has to power off and restart.

Also, haven't seen any new modules for the EOS M out in a while. Which is the latest one. Could you please point me out to the location of the latest version? 
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

feureau

Quote from: 1% on August 18, 2013, 10:53:37 PM
I can't check if the boot flag is set because I already have it:

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=fb5V0T8Wj

Try it in photo mode, it does boot at least and shows the text.

My EOS-M is already bootflagged, but if this works, it would be a good idea to put it in the first post along with the rest of the update.

funkysound

Quote from: feureau on August 19, 2013, 01:18:01 PM
My EOS-M is already bootflagged, but if this works, it would be a good idea to put it in the first post along with the rest of the update.

+ what Canon eos m asked - thats what I mean ... it´s getting confusing what file to use when and how. Espescial for people who do not follow and/or do not understand the whole thread every day.
If someone could compile a set (kind of Alpha 2) with all the latest and still working files in one zip-set it would be a huge help. At least for me.
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

htmlman

Quote from: 1% on August 19, 2013, 03:07:23 AM
Check:

Card is bootable
ML autoexec.bin + support files(ml folder from camera/nighlty) are there

Also boot the camera without a card after removing/installing battery.

Yeah, booting without card got it working again. I'm a might confused on how to go about things now though... Do I take the nightly build autoexec.bin and ML folder, pair it with the new 2.0.2 ML FIR file and follow standard install?

maxotics

I asked above if I can help, shouldn't help, but no answer...

I posted a file EOSM20130818 which you can get on my site, go to

http://maxotics.com/photos

Enter the key "EOSM20130818"

You will get a link to that zip file.  It contains the folder of stuff I put on the SD card before the EOS Card utility, and the files I copy/replace after.  I believe it has the latest stuff according to what the posts above say.  It seems to work for me.  It contains the .fir file to allow autoloading of ML.  BUT I AM NEW TO THIS STUFF too.

haomuch

Quote from: gary2013 on August 19, 2013, 03:01:16 PM
1% (and all the other great people at ML), can you have the display at the bottom of the screen where it shows aperture, shutter, ISO, etc indicate which item is active for adjusting with the wheel/arrows? I never know if it is on aperture or shutter when i spin the wheel to make changes and it seems like i always have the wrong one. When i press the right arrow it switches between them, but it would be a lot better if it somehow made an indication of which one is ready for adjustment. Maybe make the active value brighter or bigger so we know? can you also make it toggle between aperture, shutter and ISO for adjustments? 

Gary

I even don't understand why ML uses a independent information display screen instead of just using canon's stock interface. It would be best if we can directly display the focus peaking of magic room box on the canon information display interface.

Rootwang

I've made a zip file with all you need for installing on 2.02 firmware magic lantern, with the last firmware installer that 1 % posted, For me it worked and bootflagged. I don't know if i'm supposed to do this but there is a lot of people asking. If i'm doing wrong you can delete the post!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/37061u

P.s. sorry if my english is not perfect!!  :)

christou

Quote from: gary2013 on August 19, 2013, 12:45:38 PM
go back one page (page 44) and find 1% message with the link to the new firmware file

Gary

intervalometer confirmed to be work partially on 2.0.2 firmware with ML on page 44
but it does only work for non-bulb shutter value
if bulb is set, only the first shot got the correct bulb time. it will then reset to 30" and the intervalo still keep running

may I rise a ticket in the issue system about this?

Canon eos m

Quote from: Canon eos m on August 19, 2013, 12:37:06 PM
Want to report a small bug: Intervalometer hangs the camera after the camera has taken the chosen number of pictures. To get it working one has to power off and restart.

Also, haven't seen any new modules for the EOS M out in a while. Which is the latest one. Could you please point me out to the location of the latest version?

Thank you gary2013 - my problem resolved with 1%'s latest *.fir update (at page 44 of this thread).
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

funkysound

Quote from: Rootwang on August 19, 2013, 03:47:24 PM
I've made a zip file with all you need for installing on 2.02 firmware magic lantern, with the last firmware installer that 1 % posted, For me it worked and bootflagged. I don't know if i'm supposed to do this but there is a lot of people asking. If i'm doing wrong you can delete the post!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/37061u

P.s. sorry if my english is not perfect!!  :)

Thanks Rootwang - it helped a lot and it works on my M  :)

1%

QuoteCan we have the audio meters working all the time? Currently, they only work during recording. It's important to see the meters before we record as well as during recording.

Bulb issue is present on all cams without dedicated bulb mode. I think its a meta bug. For the meters I will when I can, didn't set them to only work while recording on purpose.