Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark-Master

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 09:01:51 PM
Its the whole binary. So its just like a 1.0 version except for 2.02

With "UpDaterM.fir". Now my camera booted with ML w/ all the files from "[EOSM202] FirstVersion-NoInstaller.zip". I tried turn my camera off and on but ML still boots and I can get into the menu. So this does work.

It's just that ML tells me to get FONTS and copy all the files to the card. Which ML build should I use?

------------------------
I just got all required files from nightly build. Now ML is working.

Thank you!

1%

Pull fonts and all that from the nightly or what you had before.

If you already were boot flagged, you dont need a fir.

Dark-Master

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 09:28:03 PM
Pull fonts and all that from the nightly or what you had before.

If you already were boot flagged, you dont need a fir.

Seems like I have to re-flash "UpDaterM.fir" every time I pull the battery out.

Now sometimes when I turn the camera off too...

1%

Otherwise it doesn't boot?

Did you have alpha before or a normal bin?

Dark-Master

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 09:34:02 PM
Otherwise it doesn't boot?

Did you have alpha before or a normal bin?

Yes, otherwise ML doesn't boot.

I had ML installed on my M since Alpha1 on the previous version of firmware.

Dark-Master

This

Is it bad for the ROM if I oftenly flash it?

1%

I think its working like the alpha. At least the signing works. So I guess good news for people with no boot flag?

Something is wrong with the updater code? Only visible when canon firmare is on the card and then says file not found after updating 5%.

My camera was bootflagged previously and doesn't behave like in the video. You get ML from the get go.

So people with no ML before, does it work like the video?

Dark-Master

I'm exciting!

http://instagram.com/p/cmpkbsjnwK/

~35MB/s FOR THE WIN!

My 60D actually flushes the buffer @ ~20MB/s. :o

1%

I think it will only load the bin attached to the .fir file this way. i.e. it should run without autoexec. on card.

Kinda sucks, need to figure out what's up with updater.

Dark-Master

Quote from: gary2013 on August 04, 2013, 10:38:03 PM
my cam timed out while writing here. I woke it and ML was gone. Turned it off, then on and ML was gone. I reinstalled the update firmware and it worked. I shut the cam off and then on and ML is gone again?? I have now installed it three times.

gary

Seems like we are in the same boat...

1%

Yep, installer is messed up and its like the alpha. Needs more research.

At least people who got a 2.0.2 camera can try it.

If you had 1.0 firmware and used the rolling releases then your boot flag is still on and can use autoexec.bin.

feureau

Btw, does anyone else's ML show a 16:9 rectangle in the middle? Mine keeps popping a 16:9 rectangle after the ML overlays load, and it's not from the cropmarks. Any ideas what that is?

Since I'm asking about EOS-M ML, might as well ask: does anyone know if ETTR can be switched to modify the aperture or ISO instead of shutter?

Thanks in advance.

a1ex

In movie mode, ML shows 16:9 cropmarks.

Normally they should disappear when you turn off raw video, but I have no idea if it actually works.

feureau

Thanks. It's not the regular 16:9 cropmarks though. It's a white-border square inside the flexi-zone AF corners.

It shows up on everything. Even on regular canon layout. And photo mode, too.

Had to disable raw_rec from loading to make it go away. It shows up again as soon as I load raw_rec. Also, does raw_rec supposed to work yet? The screen goes purple haywire when I start recording.

a1ex

Without screenshot, I'm not sure what you are talking about.

1%

Flexizone multi puts a box on the screen, then there is the focus box. It also pops up things it wants to focus on and highlights them.. use single zone to stop that.

Nothing should be purple but the screen can freeze if you have on of the hacked previews. Otherwise its working like before.

Beep still freezes :(

biggles

Hello I have ML working on my 500D after some help from this site, thank you.

A question about ML on the Canon M, a camera I also have - is it already planned or can it be planned to add a feature of 'minimum shutter speed'? Setting it globally would be good, so that it applies to any mode. One of the big problems of the M is that it likes to auto set shutter speed to 1/30 in most modes (when light is low, obviously), whereas 1/30 is not appropriate for people photos, and I would like to set it to at least 1/60. Particularly when my wife or kids are using the camera and not so experienced, this issue is a pain for them. So a global setting of minimum shutter speed would be great. I cannot believe Canon leaves this out of their cameras, even from their high end point and shoot like the S100. So will this feature be implemented in ML for Canon M? Thank you.

1%

Not really possible to set it globally, you could do expo override/expo lock.

The auto expo module would be good here but it only works in non LV and that doesn't exist here.

biggles

Thanks for the reply. Not really sure what expo override/lock/auto expo module means or how it influences min shutter speed.

It wouldn't matter if it couldn't be set globally, at least if in a certain mode or two. e.g. Full auto or Av mode.

Are you saying there is no chance of that?

Thanks.

1%

exposure override.. exposure lock, features that may do what you want or shoot photos in TV mode

feureau

The rectangle in the middle.

http://i.imgur.com/RW9240q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oCesC2F.jpg

I figured this is the mark for framing the raw_rec. Is there a way to disable this without having to turn off and turn on the camera with the raw_rec unloaded?

Dark-Master

Any solution to get rid of the dots in RAW video yet?

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 04:47:14 PM
Yep, just let me make sure the video stuff works.

It does, prop browser is hanging things for some reason so took it out:

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM202%5D%20FirstVersion-NoInstaller.zip

I finally managed to get ML running on my EOS M 2.0.2.

Took me a few tries but figured it out. Still has issues but is very useable.

Workflow:

First soft format your SD card on your computer.
Then format the card on your EOS M. This will create the 'DCIM' and 'MISC' folders on the SD card.
Next download files from the bitbucket.org link provided by 1% above on to your harddisk. Unzip the files and copy directly to your SD card.
Next copy the updaterM202.fir (link on page 33 of this thread) on your SD card.
Open the EOSCard link from the installation section of the 5DMarkIII home page.
With the SD card in the card reader open the EOSCard utility.
Once in the EOSCard interface checkmark the 'EOS_Develop' and Bootdisk and press the big 'ML' icon and then press the 'save' icon on the top left of the EOSCard interface.
Then copy the ML directory from the Alpha 1 version (you can find this on the EOS M home page). Unzip and copy the 'ML' folder on the SD card. Then transfer the 'Modules' files that you got from the bitbucket.org link (above) and copy it into the ML folder that you got from Alpha 1. Make sure not to use the autoexe.bin file from Alpha 1 but autoexe.bin file you got the bitbucket.org link. 

Place the card in the EOS M and it should be ready to rock. 
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)