Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feureau

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 07:04:16 AM
No installer yet for 2.02.. if you had v1 you could upgrade and just compile ATM.

Checked out from bitbucket. is this the same as the EOSM.106?

mixer2

1%, can you upload a precompiled version. don't want to install more than a gig of dependencies just for a single compilation.

1%

Yep, just let me make sure the video stuff works.

It does, prop browser is hanging things for some reason so took it out:

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM202%5D%20FirstVersion-NoInstaller.zip

cameron12x

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 04:47:14 PM
Yep, just let me make sure the video stuff works.
Awesome!  Does that mean we're within a few days of the first "alpha" release for the firmware 2.0.2 update?

Keep up the great work!

mixer2

cameron12x

Quote from: mixer2 on August 04, 2013, 04:51:54 PM
ah, ok nice! thx

This is a "no-installer" version, right?  How do we "install" it on our cameras?

1%

Try this from <32gb card... may or may not be detected:

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=7z9GGGKZk

mixer2

update worked fine. there is no full time crop mode so far, is it?

1%

Movie menu: video crop mode: on.

Someone let me know if the boot flag firmware is good.

feureau

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 05:53:53 PM
Someone let me know if the boot flag firmware is good.

I can load it through firmware, but as soon as theupdate screen loads, the screen goes blank and the green indicator light blinks rapidly.
Had to battery pull or it would just green-light-blinking-rapidly every time I start up the camera.

I don't think any flag was set. Couldn't boot to ML.

1%

Sucks, 6D does something similar. Maybe the signing server isn't right?

Canon eos m

Quote from: feureau on August 04, 2013, 06:05:45 PM
I can load it through firmware, but as soon as theupdate screen loads, the screen goes blank and the green indicator light blinks rapidly.
Had to battery pull or it would just green-light-blinking-rapidly every time I start up the camera.

I don't think any flag was set. Couldn't boot to ML.

Same for me. The screen goes blank and the green light keeps blinking. Have to pull the battery out. Tried everything and more no success yet.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

mixer2

ah hadn't noticed, that full time crop moved from "don't click me" to an extra menu item. thx!

feureau

@mixer2 how do you boot to your card btw?

mixer2

bootflag is still set from prior version...

feureau

Quote from: mixer2 on August 04, 2013, 06:33:32 PM
bootflag is still set from prior version...

I knew I shouldn't've formatted my cards :/

1%

If you had a normal ML on 1.0 then your boot flag in the camera is still set. But new people that started at 2.02 are out of luck at the moment till I figure out wtf is wrong with the installers.

a1ex

make build_fir, then upload updater.bin to the signing server. This worked for 650D.

feureau

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 07:07:26 PM
If you had a normal ML on 1.0 then your boot flag in the camera is still set. But new people that started at 2.02 are out of luck at the moment till I figure out wtf is wrong with the installers.

Thank you! \o/

I EOSCard'd my SD card and it loads.

1%

I did make; make installer...
get 40K bin that doesn't work.

make buid_fir produced autoexec sized fir:

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=NzBmhwaBK

Dark-Master

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 07:29:59 PM
I did make; make installer...
get 40K bin that doesn't work.

make buid_fir produced autoexec sized fir:

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=NzBmhwaBK

I have to compile ML myself to use this, right?  :o

1%

I dunno try it on a non-boot flagged camera. For me the big fir just re-loads ML. The build was posted up above if you're already boot flagged from before.

Dark-Master

Quote from: 1% on August 04, 2013, 08:39:31 PM
I dunno try it on a non-boot flagged camera. For me the big fir just re-loads ML. The build was posted up above if you're already boot flagged from before.

Thanks!

My M are already boot flagged from the first firmware version.

I'm curious. I just downloaded "[EOSM202] FirstVersion-NoInstaller.zip". Does this work as an update for any build of ML? Nightly?

1%

Its the whole binary. So its just like a 1.0 version except for 2.02