Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feureau

Oh, you're gonna love shooting videos with ML on this baby. :D Just wait.

mountain_drew

Just created an account to say that I'm looking forward to ML for the newest firmware! I wish I could help somehow...

Digital Guy

Did some video test shoots with my FD-EOSM adapter using an FD 85-300mm and Canon standard FD 50 1.8. I'm really impressed with this mirrorless camera. With ML install on the EOSM I'll be walking on the clouds.
Magic Lantern v2.3 installed on both Canon 60D's with 17-85 & 10-22 & 18-250mm lenses. Canon EOS-M EOSM-FD adapter. Crazy about HDR timelapse photography, I'm experimenting with HDR video and use Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editor and Photomatix Pro

jgrauman

Another question, this time about using a DSLR controller over USB such as the one at dslrcontroller.com. It lists a bunch of newer cameras as compatible, but the EOS M as not compatible. Does anyone know if this is a firmware issue? Would there be any chance that ML would fix this? Thanks!

Josh

waters

With the AF lens,I can touch the screen and move the red focus box. at this time the ML magic zoom is so useful.
When i use the adopter with the M42 MF len on my eos m , I can't find the litte focus box on screen.I think CANON locks the red focus box when the body can't find the Af lens.
Now, Ml magic zoom can only focus the center of screen.

when we use the MF Lens, Can the ml develop group unlock the CANON program and let the focus box out  ?

Thanks  a lot

haomuch

Quote from: waters on July 28, 2013, 10:50:32 AM
With the AF lens,I can touch the screen and move the red focus box. at this time the ML magic zoom is so useful.
When i use the adopter with the M42 MF len on my eos m , I can't find the litte focus box on screen.I think CANON locks the red focus box when the body can't find the Af lens.
Now, Ml magic zoom can only focus the center of screen.

when we use the MF Lens, Can the ml develop group unlock the CANON program and let the focus box out  ?

Thanks  a lot

You can actually use a focus box with manual focus lenses without AF information in ML

1%

I think you have to be in single zone focus to use the focus box. Either way MZ is off sync. Hopefully canon changed something about this. It should have something done to it as M was focusing at 60FPS.

Eisland

is it possible to use an older magic lantern build where automatic movie restart is not yet disabled together with the eosm106.fir? or are the version of ml and the eosm106.fir codependent? I neeeed the automatic movie restart... nothing else of ML   ;(

thank you!
kevin

1%

Its not disabled in latest bins. Hasn't been for months.

millernet

Quote from: haomuch on July 28, 2013, 04:32:02 PM
You can actually use a focus box with manual focus lenses without AF information in ML

Do you get the green focus confirm bars on EOS-M?

waters

Quote from: haomuch on July 28, 2013, 04:32:02 PM

Please tell me how to active the focus box and move it.  :)

waters

Quote from: millernet on July 29, 2013, 04:23:03 PM
Do you get the green focus confirm bars on EOS-M?

With the MF lens, never see the focus box ,never see the green focus confirm bars.

waters

Quote from: 1% on July 28, 2013, 05:48:08 PM
I think you have to be in single zone focus to use the focus box. Either way MZ is off sync. Hopefully canon changed something about this. It should have something done to it as M was focusing at 60FPS.

Can i move the focus box any where just like Canon 5d ii liveview funcation?

1%

You can move it around with your finger, it was nice when MZ worked (use slightly older version, its in sync).

I didn't try on manual lenses tho. On other cameras there are UD/LR keys an you can force moving it, here that doesn't work.

Maybe a work around will be drawing ML graphics over 1x mode which has a focus box always.

haomuch

I have taken more than 200 photos today by my EOS M fireware 2.0 with the FD 50mm f/1.4 but unfortunately more than 20% of them are not accurately focused. It is really very hard to focus fast and accurately with the MF lense. We need ML for the 2.0 firmware so bad!

1%

Yep, soon as I can. Early adopters will be able to go from 1.x-> 2.0 and have ML. 2.0 people will have to wait for an installer :(

I'll try to find more stubs tonight.

cameron12x

If you can port to the 2.0.2 firmware release and also unlock Remote Shooting via the EOS Utility you will be considered a God!

1%

Don't think its locked, probably not supported because eos M LV is 60P sized at 30fps.

cameron12x

If the EOS-M LiveView is 60P sized at 30fps what would it need to be in order to work?  (What does 60P mean?)

feureau

Quote from: 1% on July 31, 2013, 08:12:45 PM
Don't think its locked, probably not supported because eos M LV is 60P sized at 30fps.

Speaking of remote shooting. Is the EOS-M the only one without this feature? (can the 650D shoot remotely?)

1%

60P is the 60FPS mode on other cameras. What would be needed to make it work is probably support for this gimpy mode in eos utility. That is likely the reason its disabled, also it may not be making the preview stream to send to eos utility at all since its underpowered and they made every effort to skimp on processing (ie, not having a real idle LV at 24fps except crop mode).

Check on 650D ( I dont have one).

cameron12x

Quote from: 1% on July 31, 2013, 08:31:19 PM
60P is the 60FPS mode on other cameras. What would be needed to make it work is probably support for this gimpy mode in eos utility. That is likely the reason its disabled, also it may not be making the preview stream to send to eos utility at all since its underpowered and they made every effort to skimp on processing (ie, not having a real idle LV at 24fps except crop mode).

Do you think it could be made to work on the EOS-M?  How much effort would it take?

I'm sure more than just a few people would love the capability to shoot remotely, particularly those who are into astrophotography.

1%

Depends whats up with 2.02.. if it still has jacked up LV and doesn't work without any other usb live preview, probably not.

cameron12x

Quote from: 1% on July 31, 2013, 09:13:07 PM
Depends whats up with 2.02.. if it still has jacked up LV and doesn't work without any other usb live preview, probably not.
Gotcha.  Where does this fit in the list of priorities?

1%

Below MZ working well again.