Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fand4ngo

Could someone post all of the main options in each menu from the ML firmware that are turned on in the EOS M?  I'd like to know (specifically) if the intervalometer is in before my return window runs out.

Escaperoute

such a great news for us. THANKS 1% with all my heart...

1%

Don't know if its in alpha 1 but its in my builds.

Henrik

Found the link to the newer versions in post #507. Awesome!

Thanks man!

Digital Guy

Quote from: Henrik on July 21, 2013, 07:01:07 PM
Found the link to the newer versions in post #507. Awesome!

Where exactly is the "newer version"? Are you talking about the EOS-M?
Magic Lantern v2.3 installed on both Canon 60D's with 17-85 & 10-22 & 18-250mm lenses. Canon EOS-M EOSM-FD adapter. Crazy about HDR timelapse photography, I'm experimenting with HDR video and use Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editor and Photomatix Pro

merp

fand4ngo,

The intervalometer function in ML is supported on the EOSM. It was the main reason I installed ML on mine :)

haomuch

@1% Could you consider adding disable touch screen wake up function in the next ML version? I often hang the EOS M on my neck and it is always waked up because my stomach touched the LCD.

feureau

Quote from: haomuch on July 22, 2013, 02:57:15 PM
@1% Could you consider adding disable touch screen wake up function in the next ML version? I often hang the EOS M on my neck and it is always waked up because my stomach touched the LCD.

That is a ... weird behavior. I hang my EOS-M around my neck too, but mine doesn't wake up when the LCD gets touched...

haomuch

Quote from: feureau on July 22, 2013, 03:58:25 PM
That is a ... weird behavior. I hang my EOS-M around my neck too, but mine doesn't wake up when the LCD gets touched...

It's may because I only wear one T shirt

feureau

Quote from: haomuch on July 22, 2013, 03:59:45 PM
It's may because I only wear one T shirt

Oh, I completely get that part. If I leave the LCD on while wearing thin garments, it would get detect touch events. But if the EOS-M is asleep, it wouldn't wake up just because the LCD senses a touch.

Also, do you have the sensitivity set to sensitive or default?

haomuch

Quote from: feureau on July 22, 2013, 05:53:46 PM
Oh, I completely get that part. If I leave the LCD on while wearing thin garments, it would get detect touch events. But if the EOS-M is asleep, it wouldn't wake up just because the LCD senses a touch.

Also, do you have the sensitivity set to sensitive or default?

Yes I set it to default. But still very sensitive. Especially with the 22mm lenses because it's too light and thus the camera hangs to the stomach.

CinB13

I'm new here.  This is quite interesting.  It's my first Canon EOS mirrorless (except my Panasonic GF2), and I just purchased a brand new  body today for $240 - hoping to use my legacy lens w/ adapter.  I like to know what are the benefits of ML in terms of image quality and better low light capabilities.  Shocked to find out that it has the sensor of T4i/7D.

I will check back here for developments.

Drizzt321

Just got my EOS-M, and wouldn't you know it, it's firmware v2.0.2 :(   Hopefully 1% can get the alpha loading up on it soon. I need to start learning the timelapse/intervalometer on this camera so I can use it at the end of August.

Henrik

Quote from: Digital Guy on July 22, 2013, 06:21:34 AM
Where exactly is the "newer version"? Are you talking about the EOS-M?

Yes, Eos M. Newer than the one in the first post. If you go back to page 21 in this thread you'll find a link in post #507.

Eisland

Hi guys,

first of all, thank you for your responses that helped me a lot...!!!

I am the guy who wants to use the EOS M with automatic movie restart function.... but as somebody pointed out (thank you!) this does not work with newer versons of ML... Is it possible to use an older version where this function is not disabled with the EOS M yet?
If yes, could you point me towards a downloadlocation?
That woul really be great!

Thank you,
all the best to you helpful guys!!!!!

jgrauman

Hello all,

I'm completely new to ML and was thinking of getting a EOS M camera. The main thing I want it for is to shoot 1080p video with an external mic. The only feature I need that is different than the stock firmware is to get rid of the 29 minute recording limit (I need to record around 1 hr). Would ML get rid of this? Is it pretty stable for the EOS M? Thanks so much!

Josh

feureau

EOS-M Does have external mic input.

ML did discover a way to circumvent the 29.59 recording limit, however the dev team decided that this is not a feature they want in ML and scrapped that ability. EOS-M ML is still limited to 29.59. For continuous long recording time, you're better off with a proper camcorder.

haomuch

This thread has been muted for more than a week and finally see some buzz today. Any news for the 2.0 firmware?

thegunshow101

Quote from: jgrauman on July 26, 2013, 06:06:19 PM
Hello all,

I'm completely new to ML and was thinking of getting a EOS M camera. The main thing I want it for is to shoot 1080p video with an external mic. The only feature I need that is different than the stock firmware is to get rid of the 29 minute recording limit (I need to record around 1 hr). Would ML get rid of this? Is it pretty stable for the EOS M? Thanks so much!

Josh

I use ML to record long periods but via the HDMI output.. ML gives me a clean output and stay on forever, then I use a HDMI recorder with a Hard Drive.. (currently Atomos Ninja) to record 7-8 hour events..  It effective but more parts and cost than a single device.

Its a little weird that ML took off the ability to record longer than 30 minutes direct to card. There has to be an untold reason.. (Although this still wouldn't work for me as SD card sizes would be far too limiting for multi hour events)

jgrauman

That makes sense and I'm glad to hear you can get clean hdmi out with this camera. I don't need to record too long, only 60 minutes. Maybe they left in the 30 min limit due to overheating concerns? In any case, getting rid of the limit would be super nice for me, so if anyone has more info and there is a possibility of the limit being removed again, that would be great.

Josh

Quote from: thegunshow101 on July 27, 2013, 12:39:18 AM
I use ML to record long periods but via the HDMI output.. ML gives me a clean output and stay on forever, then I use a HDMI recorder with a Hard Drive.. (currently Atomos Ninja) to record 7-8 hour events..  It effective but more parts and cost than a single device.

Its a little weird that ML took off the ability to record longer than 30 minutes direct to card. There has to be an untold reason.. (Although this still wouldn't work for me as SD card sizes would be far too limiting for multi hour events)

DaveNYC

Quote from: jgrauman on July 27, 2013, 01:16:14 AM
Maybe they left in the 30 min limit due to overheating concerns? In any case, getting rid of the limit would be super nice for me, so if anyone has more info and there is a possibility of the limit being removed again, that would be great.

+1

I don't know why the limit is there but would really appreciate removing it (when the 2.0.2 firmware is running ML). I have successfully triggered several consecutive 29 minute recording sessions in a row (starting the next as soon as the prior one ends) so I don't see overheating being the issue.  I only need it for 45 minutes to an hour at a stretch but it's going to be in a location I won't be able to get to easily and I'm going to be shooting stills independently so it's going to be a pain to have to track how long the M has been recording video for as well.

Please allow the option. It's a major reason why I got the M.

CinB13

Quote from: jgrauman on July 27, 2013, 01:16:14 AM
That makes sense and I'm glad to hear you can get clean hdmi out with this camera. I don't need to record too long, only 60 minutes. Maybe they left in the 30 min limit due to overheating concerns? In any case, getting rid of the limit would be super nice for me, so if anyone has more info and there is a possibility of the limit being removed again, that would be great.

Josh

So it's possible to use the HDMI out and put a monitor like a Liliput or SmallHD in it?  Just asking.  :)

gary2013

feureau

Quote from: gary2013 on July 27, 2013, 09:39:49 AM
I hope they put back removing the 30 minute limit record time. I would love to hear the reason why it was removed. Some major technical reason? Make it a user pref to have it on off.

does anyone know the status on getting ml working on the M firmware 2.0.2?

gary

Not for technical reasons. They got it working smoothly across several bodies. It's out on some older nightly build.

Devs working on 2.0.2. We're just waiting for a building to get wired. :D *sits patiently*

CinB13

Quote from: feureau on July 27, 2013, 09:08:45 PM
Not for technical reasons. They got it working smoothly across several bodies. It's out on some older nightly build.

Devs working on 2.0.2. We're just waiting for a building to get wired. :D *sits patiently*

That's good to know.  I just got my Minolta MD/EOS M adapter today and did some video shots pre ML.  Really impressive so far.  Can't wait to see what comes up next.