Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vstrglv

Quote from: jasonwhk on December 15, 2012, 07:16:34 AM
But I found that after installing ML on EOS M the 18-55mm couldn't release the shutter, I have to dismount and put it back in order to shoot.
Same for me for autoexec.bin compiled on 20.04.2013, but there is no problem for autoexec.bin on 10.12.2012
I have tried compile autoexec.bin today but got an error:

[spoiler][ CC       ]   picoc.o
[ CC       ]   chdk-gui_script.o
[ AR       ]   lib_a-memcpy.o
[ AR       ]   newlib-libc.a
[ LD       ]   magiclantern
exmem.o: In function `exmem_save_buffer':
exmem.c:(.text+0x1fc): undefined reference to `GetNextMemoryChunk'
exmem.o: In function `exmem_clear':
exmem.c:(.text+0x268): undefined reference to `GetNextMemoryChunk'
exmem.o: In function `shoot_malloc_suite_contig':
exmem.c:(.text+0x504): undefined reference to `GetNextMemoryChunk'
debug.o: In function `guess_free_mem_task':
debug.c:(.text+0x9c8): undefined reference to `GetNextMemoryChunk'
debug.o: In function `stub_test_task':
debug.c:(.text+0x6970): undefined reference to `GetNextMemoryChunk'
debug.o:debug.c:(.text+0x70c4): more undefined references to `GetNextMemoryChunk                                                                   ' follow
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
../../Makefile.inc:441: recipe for target `magiclantern' failed
make: *** [magiclantern] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/vstrglv/magic-lantern/platform/EOSM.106'[/spoiler]
No problem for compiling autoexec.bin for5d3 today (but dated  5th of May)
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

1%

Haven't seen the shutter bug yet on my builds. Will have to try to reproduce it.

min

Congrats to the ML team on the recent success with raw on the 5D mark 3! I read that you guys will try to port it over to the mark 2 and 6D next. Do you think this feature will be possible on the M eventually, particularly the 1:1 crop? Thanks.

1%

Well its already ported to those cameras... on M it *should* work for very tiny video... Only 50MB buffer.  the silent pic dngs already work and you get 7.

For some reason no module will load and console is broken. That's what is holding it up.

oscillian

So what kind of buffer is considered minimum to have 1080x1980?

nanomad

A fast CF card and around 100MB of buffer
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Jupiter55

Hi there,
thanks for porting ML to EOS-M! I use it on my 5D2 and 7D also.

I have also the shutter bug as user jasonwhk (Dec 15) and vstrglv (May 12) mentioned.
My EF-M 18-55 STM is well recognized by the EOS-M, only taking pictures does not function. All other functions like zooming, AF and so on are ok.
If I just remove ML (FW Update, turn mode dial, reboot) all is normal, the 18-55 behaves 100% ok.
Cam and lens are new, no dirt on lens contacts, no wrong installation.
So the error is related to the ML Alpha1 .
My other lens EF-M 22 2.0 STM works well, shutter function in ML full ok, also other Canon lenses with the mount adapter.
If I run the ML internal tests, 4 errors are found, what can I provide to aid in fixing the errors?

Q: Is there a better version than the ALPHA1 from the download page? I tried the last nightly build, but that obviously works not for the EOS-M as stated.

Please help...

ML on 5D2, 7D, EOS-M

1%

Jupiter55

:D
Great! It works, with the new autoexec.bin 538.302 bytes  my 18-55 and shutter works.

Thank you!

regards,
Jupiter
ML on 5D2, 7D, EOS-M

Eisland

Hey guys,

I bought the M, installed ML (very exciting for me being a Canon & ML newbie)...

now I see a EFIC Chip temperature and am wondering which temperatures it should have. Mine says after about 2minutes of liveview ~108°C. That seems pretty high to me and so I am wondering, if ML will switch the camera off if it might fail due to temperature rising.

What temperatures are normal?????

Please give me a hint, as I don't want to kill my brandnew camera...

Thank you!
Kevin

Masheen

I keep running into this error. I could brute force it and eliminate the line, but I have no idea the repercussions of that.

Where in the code should FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW or FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW_BURST be defined?

../../src/shoot.c:1045:6: error: #error FEATURE_SILENT_PIC requires FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW or FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW_BURST
make[1]: *** [shoot.o] Error 1

Edit: Thank you Nanomad!

Although now it's throwing another error. It's the EABI version mismatch issue. Time to try and download a different arm compiler.  :(

nanomad

#undef FEATURE_SILENT_PIC inside features.h
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

thaihl

i wait firmware update in the long time.... :'(  thanks everyone !

1%

Have to check the silent pic sizes and make sure there are no regressions then I'll build a new one. Had no luck with raw video still.. console is broken.

1%

Console is unbroken... thanks a1ex. Now raw recording works. Hint: Its pathetic

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5D%20Raw%20Recording.zip

Caveats:

*Hacked Mode may not return LV or GD... turn camera on/off
*Turn on frame skip.. there is no way to record continuously
*Previews don't work, playback only works in photo mode
*Modules only load from cold boot in movie mode

Otherwise without modules operation should be normal (check and makes sure nothing broke)

mdwhaley

Quote from: 1% on June 01, 2013, 03:54:23 PM
Console is unbroken... thanks a1ex. Now raw recording works. Hint: Its pathetic

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5D%20Raw%20Recording.zip

Caveats:

*Hacked Mode may not return LV or GD... turn camera on/off
*Turn on frame skip.. there is no way to record continuously
*Previews don't work, playback only works in photo mode
*Modules only load from cold boot in movie mode

Otherwise without modules operation should be normal (check and makes sure nothing broke)

I've loaded up the raw module from your link. It won't record at all, even on the lowest resolution. I get the error "Memory error  Alloc: 18M".

The card benchmarks i consistently get over 36 MB/sec write speeds on the 32GB Sandisk Extreme card in the camera.

1%

Try update... Should load. It is loading on mine. Cold boot in movie mode.

Make sure photo is L... there is some way to get 95MB... I was messing with noise reduction and it freed it in photo mode. Otherwise you get like 55M

Shit! Found a hot method to record on EOS-M... photo mode (after loading modules in movie mode) -> High ISO Noise, Multi Shot... now have the 95MB but can't trigger raw_rec (LV button is dead)

I added menu to trigger and seems to be working... just like 600D. 32*32*29

Ok it is gangster right now... not good for other cameras with the menu thing tho. Hopefully g3gg0's input modules solve this.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5D%20UsableRaw.zip

Remember:

Movie Cold boot -> load -> photo mode -> canon menu -> nr -> multi shot.
Make sure you don't turn on raw_rec before doing that or it will start recording.. menu key
Quality still should be L, won't let you pick anything else anyway.

Squeeze factor may be off, no pinkies so far. FPS override is your friend. Should be 4gb proof with exfat...

650D try this NR trick!

Achimogata

Hi everybody,

I have found last day this website. I was looking around for focus peaking on nex and eventually other mirorless cameras.

Let's explain. It is time for me to buy a mirorless camera. I am still doing film photography with my canon new F1 and T90 with some FD lenses and I plan to keep on film for B&W shots and to go with digital camera for color ones. The deal is to use my FD lenses on the digital camera so a mirorless one is what to be choosen I think.
The question is : is the focus peaking fully and reliably available on EOS M using Magic Lantern right now ? Quickly thought, I don't really need other feature at this time.

Thanks for your good advises.

mdwhaley

Thanks 1% I got it working. I don't have time to mess with it now but at 960 x 544 @ 24 fps I captured like 670 frames until live view shut off automatically need to change that setting to never and try again...

Quote from: 1% on June 03, 2013, 02:46:39 AM
Try update... Should load. It is loading on mine. Cold boot in movie mode.

Make sure photo is L... there is some way to get 95MB... I was messing with noise reduction and it freed it in photo mode. Otherwise you get like 55M

Shit! Found a hot method to record on EOS-M... photo mode (after loading modules in movie mode) -> High ISO Noise, Multi Shot... now have the 95MB but can't trigger raw_rec (LV button is dead)

I added menu to trigger and seems to be working... just like 600D. 32*32*29

Ok it is gangster right now... not good for other cameras with the menu thing tho. Hopefully g3gg0's input modules solve this.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5D%20UsableRaw.zip

Remember:

Movie Cold boot -> load -> photo mode -> canon menu -> nr -> multi shot.
Make sure you don't turn on raw_rec before doing that or it will start recording.. menu key
Quality still should be L, won't let you pick anything else anyway.

Squeeze factor may be off, no pinkies so far. FPS override is your friend. Should be 4gb proof with exfat...

650D try this NR trick!

1%

Only blinking dots focus peaking works. Haven't found a fix for display filters yet.

mdwhaley

With frame skipping turned off I get continuous 24fps with a Sandisk 45 MB/sec card at 1024 x 576. The resolution right above it 1088x640 stops after 41 frames. The highest resolution 1728x672 stops after 24 frames, again at 24fps.

I have not read anything on workflow so I will research further but I used raw2dng then imported to Lightroom 5 beta, adjusted, exported to TIFF, imported to FCPX, created an image sequence, changed duration to 1 frame each in a 720p @ 24fps project, then exported to youtube.

http://youtu.be/l3LKaB-97JQ

I don't know why there are red dots in the middle but they are in the dng files right out of raw2dng. Like I said I will research this further maybe this is a known issue in other cameras since I only have the M and the 7d this is my first attempt at raw video.

xpstudio

:) I also make it work on my EOS M but since my card is only 30MB/s max resolution is 880x496. I have those red dots as @mdwhaley

Can't wait for next update.

Thanks!
EOS M 22mm | 18-35mm

xpstudio

When I import DNG into Photoshop, my image looks too wide or squeezed:

Am I missing some option in ML?
EOS M 22mm | 18-35mm

1%

Dots and stuff are from af.. have to experiment with turning them off.. they are a problem on all cameras in a few different forms.

Have to see what is up with the squeezing... big problem with EOS-M is its pretty much 720P mode all the time without the fps..

mdwhaley

I figured the dots were from AF. I put an M lens on and turned AF mode to MF in the menu, then put an EF lens back on switched to MF and still get dots. The AF sensor must be on all the time even when MF is set all around.

Quote from: 1% on June 05, 2013, 07:25:40 AM
Dots and stuff are from af.. have to experiment with turning them off.. they are a problem on all cameras in a few different forms.

Have to see what is up with the squeezing... big problem with EOS-M is its pretty much 720P mode all the time without the fps..