Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canon eos m

Quote from: mixer2 on July 03, 2013, 09:22:45 PM
@Canon eos m: sorry, had no time to write you a detailed description how to remove dots etc. you really don't have to use rawmagic. i haven't tried RAWanizer so far, but if it can convert to dng via raw2dng, like 1% said, it should work just fine. else just try to convert it with the raw2dng.exe. just drag your raw file and drop it onto the raw2dng.exe file. this should give you working dng files. to remove dots download the latest dot removal tool:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22843507/MagicLantern/PinkDotRemover_debug.zip

Hi Mixer2 - Know where I can fetch a latest copy of pinkdot remover. Mine got corrupted and the link above does not have a copy anymore. Cheers!
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

gamerblot

Quote from: gary2013 on August 06, 2013, 05:34:29 AM
Anyone out there that can also help me get the MODULE directory so I can get those files installed to try out raw video stuff on my M? Gamerblot has been helpful and I have been trying to get this working all day today. searching, reading and I can't find it anywhere. I don't understand why I don't have it like everyone else seems to do. Can anyone just email the files and folder?   garyalan24  at yahoo dot com

when i try Load Modules now, I always get two error messages saying 'B:/ML/Modules/eosm_202.sym'  ; File does not exist

My bad, too many different download links. Needs to be consolidated. This is the right one:

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM202%5D%20FirstVersion-NoInstaller.zip

Canon 5D Mark II, 2 x Canon 60D, Canon 1Ds Mark II, Canon EOS M, Canon 16-35mm F2.8, Canon 17-40mm F4.0, Canon 24-70mm F2.8, Canon 24mm F1.4, Sigma 50mm F1.4, Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS, Canon EF-M 18-55mm F3.5-F5.6, ACR 8.1, Photoshop CC, Premier Pro CC, After Effects CC, Mac OS X

Digital Guy

Shooting at 1280 x 720 25fps what would be the max card speed needed by EOS-M? I think many EOS-M users would be happy with 1280x720P if that's at all possible. If 20 MB/s is the fastest the EOS-M is capable of what is max video resolution we can get from that?
Magic Lantern v2.3 installed on both Canon 60D's with 17-85 & 10-22 & 18-250mm lenses. Canon EOS-M EOSM-FD adapter. Crazy about HDR timelapse photography, I'm experimenting with HDR video and use Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editor and Photomatix Pro

1%

Well you can crop 720P from crop mode or shoot in zoom mode.

I think it needs a menu item to force zoom mode on so its easier to get into.

haomuch

The current magic room is a good feature for MF lenses. But it still has some shortages. Once it was triggered by the half shutter, it won't disappear after releasing the shutter until half pressing it again. That is kind of a little annoying. But most importantly is that the enlarged image is just a simple magnification of the focus box area and the definition is very low, which is different from the liveview room effect. Is that possible to improve this function to make it more usable?

1%

Its full screen if/when the display filter syncs.

haomuch

Quote from: 1% on August 06, 2013, 07:28:26 AM
Its full screen if/when the display filter syncs.

So it's impossible to change that? I know the Sony nex has that function as default and my another canon ixus camera also has it.

Indianac

Quote from: Canon eos m on August 06, 2013, 03:39:45 AM
Just for the record the combo is running stable on my EOSM - intervalometer and all that. Will try video raw on photo mode today.

1% you really are a superhero. The Canon guys need to take a lesson or two from A1ex, you and other ML developers. Thank you for all the GOOD work.

Quick question. Thought I read that there's no installer for those starting off in 2.02, but then read a post that said someone got it to work. Do these instructions work for new non-bootflagged 2.02? I only get the flashing green lights and have to battery pull.  If these are the right instructions, can you update with a quick link to the bitbucket files? Thanks guys.

Drizzt321

Quote from: Canon eos m on August 05, 2013, 09:33:57 AM
I finally managed to get ML running on my EOS M 2.0.2.

Took me a few tries but figured it out. Still has issues but is very useable.

Workflow:

First soft format your SD card on your computer.
Then format the card on your EOS M. This will create the 'DCIM' and 'MISC' folders on the SD card.
Next download files from the bitbucket.org link provided by 1% above on to your harddisk. Unzip the files and copy directly to your SD card.
Next copy the updaterM202.fir (link on page 33 of this thread) on your SD card.
Open the EOSCard link from the installation section of the 5DMarkIII home page.
With the SD card in the card reader open the EOSCard utility.
Once in the EOSCard interface checkmark the 'EOS_Develop' and Bootdisk and press the big 'ML' icon and then press the 'save' icon on the top left of the EOSCard interface.
Then copy the ML directory from the Alpha 1 version (you can find this on the EOS M home page). Unzip and copy the 'ML' folder on the SD card. Then transfer the 'Modules' files that you got from the bitbucket.org link (above) and copy it into the ML folder that you got from Alpha 1. Make sure not to use the autoexe.bin file from Alpha 1 but autoexe.bin file you got the bitbucket.org link. 

Place the card in the EOS M and it should be ready to rock.

I followed this, used the UpDaterM.fir instead of updaterM202.fir which I couldn't find. Got it to install and run fine, although like others it isn't booting right into ML after turning it off/on. Other than that, don't have more time to play with it tonight, but great job 1%!!

a1ex

For photo, try the x5/x10 zoom triggered by half-shutter. Of course, it won't work for video.

I've implemented it after playing with a NEX.

mixer2

Quote from: Canon eos m on August 06, 2013, 05:35:38 AM
Hi Mixer2 - Know where I can fetch a latest copy of pinkdot remover. Mine got corrupted and the link above does not have a copy anymore. Cheers!

Hi, it's not the most recent, but that's still the version i use (still the same link. it should work...):
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/77bkw4u9nh7dt4d/PinkDotRemover_2013_07_15.zip

there is a newer version, but there were changes for the 650d which aren't optimized for eos m so far. since i'm very busy right now and the old version works great i didn't spent much time for the dot remover development. but there will be a new version soon.

Dark-Master

1%

I figured out why my M behaved like that. I forgot to check EOS_DEVELOP in EOSCard.

Shame on me haha. :P

haomuch

Quote from: Dark-Master on August 06, 2013, 10:25:51 AM
1%

I figured out why my M behaved like that. I forgot to check EOS_DEVELOP in EOSCard.

Shame on me haha. :P

So what does that mean?

Indianac

Quote from: Drizzt321 on August 06, 2013, 08:08:00 AM
I followed this, used the UpDaterM.fir instead of updaterM202.fir which I couldn't find. Got it to install and run fine, although like others it isn't booting right into ML after turning it off/on. Other than that, don't have more time to play with it tonight, but great job 1%!!

I didn't see a zip file in the bitbucket. Am I missing somthing?

Dark-Master

Quote from: haomuch on August 06, 2013, 01:08:49 PM
So what does that mean?

I did not set the card up properly. So ML didn't boot and the camera needed to be flashed every time I want to use ML.

Then I tried again from scratch and then I found out that I didn't set my sdcard up properly.

My camera has been boot flagged since Alpla 1.

millernet

@1% -- I AM GIVING YOU A STANDING OVATION.  WELL DONE!  THANK YOU

@Canon eos m - GREAT INSTRUCTIONS, thank you. 

Who cares about the AF issues when you have vintage glass and focus peaking/MZ, and zoom on half shutter...This literally fixes every issue i had with this camera.  WELL, WELL DONE.

1%

Yea, I think people without boot flag are still stuck re "fashing" tho.

haomuch

Quote from: Dark-Master on August 06, 2013, 04:56:48 PM
I did not set the card up properly. So ML didn't boot and the camera needed to be flashed every time I want to use ML.

Then I tried again from scratch and then I found out that I didn't set my sdcard up properly.

My camera has been boot flagged since Alpla 1.

Thanks very much! I also got it work now!

haomuch

Quote from: millernet on August 06, 2013, 05:01:04 PM
@1% -- I AM GIVING YOU A STANDING OVATION.  WELL DONE!  THANK YOU

@Canon eos m - GREAT INSTRUCTIONS, thank you. 

Who cares about the AF issues when you have vintage glass and focus peaking/MZ, and zoom on half shutter...This literally fixes every issue i had with this camera.  WELL, WELL DONE.

Focus peaking is very good. But the magic zoom still need to be improved. I hope it can enlarge the focus area as clear as the liveview full screen room and auto hide after releasing the shutter. The liveview auto zoom on shutter function is also very good. But it is not very suitable for composition of pictures and the shutter also has some obvious delay after the view is zoomed. So it will be best to improve the magic zoom.

thegunshow101

Quote from: Digital Guy on August 06, 2013, 06:12:47 AM
Shooting at 1280 x 720 25fps what would be the max card speed needed by EOS-M? I think many EOS-M users would be happy with 1280x720P if that's at all possible. If 20 MB/s is the fastest the EOS-M is capable of what is max video resolution we can get from that?

See my last post for resolutions but at 24fps I'm getting 38mb/s on a sandisk extreme pro card (rated for 90mb/s)

haomuch

BTW, still wondering is it possible to disable the touch screen after it was turned off and only turn it on by hard keys. It could help avoid unintended touch between body and screen when hanging the camera on the neck.

Dark-Master

Is there any solution to get rid of the dots in RAW video yet?

I tried "PinkDotRemover_2013_07_15.zip" with the DNGs. But it doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if I did something wrong.