Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerrykil

Quote from: funkysound on October 18, 2013, 09:44:13 AM
Hi jerrykil - I just tried it and it works great!
In germany we use PAL 25fps and I realized that the video comes out with around 30 fps NTSC. Is there an easy way for you to make a PAL version?
sure thing! EDIT: i just tried audio and HDR. it failed after several frames, have you had any luck on getting audio+hdr on the nightlies?
Quote from: blablabla32 on October 18, 2013, 03:46:34 PM
HI all!

My EOS M 2.0.2 just arrived today. Anyway, I have to go shooting at a conert in view hours and would like to use the eos m as a static second cam.

Was reading this thread - but did not really got the info I needed. What is the best build for now, lets say the most stable? I am also very confused with two versions tragiclatern and magiclatern ? They have both versions for my eos m 2.0.2 .

EOS M is being developed under the tragiclantern fork. i'm partially responsible for that confusion.

Quote from: blablabla32 on October 18, 2013, 03:46:34 PM
What is the difference... And is this install instruction still correct? => 

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3648.msg64830#msg64830
These instructions are outdated. Check this out: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8825.msg82945#msg82945
If you are planning on recording raw, then 1) it won't record audio and 2) you need to read maxotics guide in the aforementioned link. If you don't care about raw, then i find that most builds i've tried will record just fine at a 3.00x bit rate H264 on 45+mb/s card
edit: remember to format exfat or it will stop at 4gb (correct me if i'm wrong)

funkysound

Quote from: vprocessing on October 18, 2013, 09:19:21 AM
Hi to all !
I've received my analog video out cable...
I've managed to plug it keeping the video monitoring on the camera but the sounds seems not to go out... ?

Hi vprocessing - how do you manage to keep the monitoring on the cam with the cable pluged in?
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

jerrykil

HDR video w/ audio is failing for me:
http://tl.bot-fly.com/logs/hdrvideo_and_audio_fail.log
:(
EDIT: now its working again
/frustration

funkysound

Quote from: jerrykil on October 18, 2013, 04:09:17 PM
sure thing! EDIT: i just tried audio and HDR. it failed after several frames, have you had any luck on getting audio+hdr on the nightlies?

Now when you mentioned it I realized that audio is NOT happening in the processed video (there is only a single MP3 in the folder). I was filming a more or less silent test scene and didn´t really care about audio - just watching the HDR result.
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

jerrykil

Quote from: funkysound on October 18, 2013, 04:57:42 PM
Now when you mentioned it I realized that audio is NOT happening in the processed video (there is only a single MP3 in the folder). I was filming a more or less silent test scene and didn´t really care about audio - just watching the HDR result.
I'm not sure what you mean. I just updated the script, so grab it again: http://tl.bot-fly.com/misc/kit_hdrvideo_v.02.zip
it should now figure out whether files have audio and detect original framerate, whatever it may be, then act appropriately. let me know if this helps.

ps thanks for testing!

funkysound

Quote from: jerrykil on October 18, 2013, 05:50:03 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. I just updated the script, so grab it again: http://tl.bot-fly.com/misc/kit_hdrvideo_v.02.zip
it should now figure out whether files have audio and detect original framerate, whatever it may be, then act appropriately. let me know if this helps.

ps thanks for testing!

Just tried the new one. I did throw my test HDR MOV in the folder an started - but it just sais "There are no *.MOV files in ...
I tried the old one again with the same file and he does find the film.

Update: I renamed the folder from "kit_hdrvideo 2" to "kit_hdrvideo2" and it finds the film ... will start now ...

jerrykil

Quote from: funkysound on October 18, 2013, 06:11:58 PM
Just tried the new one. I did throw my test HDR MOV in the folder an started - but it just sais "There are no *.MOV files in ...
I tried the old one again with the same file and he does find the film.

Update: I renamed the folder from "kit_hdrvideo 2" to "kit_hdrvideo2" and it finds the film ... will start now ...

ah! thats stupid of me! ok i'll fix it

funkysound

Quote from: jerrykil on October 18, 2013, 06:16:24 PM
ah! thats stupid of me! ok i'll fix it

Its the same - no sound in the converted film but a seperate mp3 with it in the folder.

An idea: If it works with you ... could it make a difference that you may act with NTSC films and me with PAL?

jerrykil

I think its quicktime, can you try VLC? check your PM's, i don't wanna flood this forum with our discussion. again thx for testing

ZachQS

I have read the whole thread and tried multiple times to get ML to work on my EOS M, but I am still unable to get it to work without having to reinstall ML each time I turn on the camera...what am I doing wrong?

I use ML on both my T3i and T2i and LOVE IT, but need the EOS M to serve as a backup in case of an emergency on set. Thanks in advance.

jerrykil

Quote from: ZachQS on October 18, 2013, 10:28:17 PM
I have read the whole thread and tried multiple times to get ML to work on my EOS M, but I am still unable to get it to work without having to reinstall ML each time I turn on the camera...what am I doing wrong?

I use ML on both my T3i and T2i and LOVE IT, but need the EOS M to serve as a backup in case of an emergency on set. Thanks in advance.
sounds like you're using the "updater.fir" installer. the newer ones available from tl.bot-fly.com install a bootflag and should work better.  read this:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8825.msg82945#msg82945

get the latest build here: http://tl.bot-fly.com/tragiclantern-Tragic.2013Oct15.EOSM202.zip

vprocessing

Quote from: funkysound on October 18, 2013, 04:42:22 PM
Hi vprocessing - how do you manage to keep the monitoring on the cam with the cable pluged in?
@ funkysound : For me to keep LiveView when SD output is set :
Set Audio menu to OFF then set it to ON. it should say "headphone disconnected".
Then plug the Canon SD video OUT and the LiveView will say and "Headphone connected" should appear.
I'm using an OLD  Philips 720 LCD TV
For me Audio DOES NOT go out ! In Any way :
NO Audio Output during standby Canon's way (so with LV disable on camera)
NO Audio Output during REC Canon's way
NO Audio Output during standby with ML headphones and LV on M
NO Audio Output during REC with ML headphones and LV on M
AUDIO Out on playback on TV Canon's way
AUDIO Out on playback on M with ML headphones activated and Canon SD AV cable plugged. So Video also plays on the LV.

Anyone has his audio OUT ?
For me it would be the nicest function on a M ! That's the main reason I've entered the ML ocean, hmmmm galaxy I shound even say !  :P
I'm very happy to have discovered all the other stuff I can so with it !  but FOR ME AUDIO and FOCUS PEAKING would be my two's If I had to choose !

gary2013

Quote from: vprocessing on October 19, 2013, 11:55:17 AM
@ funkysound : For me to keep LiveView when SD output is set :
Set Audio menu to OFF then set it to ON. it should say "headphone disconnected".
Then plug the Canon SD video OUT and the LiveView will say and "Headphone connected" should appear.
I'm using an OLD  Philips 720 LCD TV
For me Audio DOES NOT go out ! In Any way :
NO Audio Output during standby Canon's way (so with LV disable on camera)
NO Audio Output during REC Canon's way
NO Audio Output during standby with ML headphones and LV on M
NO Audio Output during REC with ML headphones and LV on M
AUDIO Out on playback on TV Canon's way
AUDIO Out on playback on M with ML headphones activated and Canon SD AV cable plugged. So Video also plays on the LV.

Anyone has his audio OUT ?
For me it would be the nicest function on a M ! That's the main reason I've entered the ML ocean, hmmmm galaxy I shound even say !  :P
I'm very happy to have discovered all the other stuff I can so with it !  but FOR ME AUDIO and FOCUS PEAKING would be my two's If I had to choose !
vprocessing , be careful talking about audio issues and requests.  ;D

gary2013

My camera is currently showing 85 degrees, but it does change often. Sometime it is 125 degrees or more. I wondered if these temps are too high. It also says C for centigrade, but I have to think that is wrong and maybe it needs to be fixed. Make it say F for Fahrenheit ??

Gary

gary2013

with ML Oct 15th, the last posted version that works, it is not keeping the User defined picture styles loaded. We have to use the USB to load the profiles on the camera, then the camera won't shut off from the USB problem we have discussed. I have to pull the battery now to shut the camera off. Then when I reboot, all the user defined picture styles are gone. over and over and over.

Gary

jerrykil

i got to play with the dual_iso this weekend and i had a few comments/questions/bug reports.

when i set recovery iso to 6400 it stays at 3200 no matter what i do. my workaround has been to set ISO to 6400 and then set recovery ISO to 3200. I was wondering if this is a bug or if i'm doin something wrong. also, does reversing the order of the ISOs (ie making recovery ISO lower than the actual ISO) have any effect on how CR2HDR works later on?

why am i shooting at such high ISOs? i don't have a flash and i'm on an island with no moneys :(

I get this sort of weird texture pattern, too:

any thoughts?

gary2013

I get the same here. 3200-3200 after i set it to 3200-6400.

DnA

Quote from: gary2013 on October 20, 2013, 12:25:38 PM
with ML Oct 15th, the last posted version that works, it is not keeping the User defined picture styles loaded. We have to use the USB to load the profiles on the camera, then the camera won't shut off from the USB problem we have discussed. I have to pull the battery now to shut the camera off. Then when I reboot, all the user defined picture styles are gone. over and over and over.

Gary

I'm currently running tragic lantern Oct 15, my technicolor cinestyle profile still there after i reboot.
EOS M v2.0.2, EF-M22

gary2013

DnA
I think my problem comes and goes because of all the testing I am doing for the shutter bug and the USB cable routines. I have the styles loaded now and they seem to stay there. But that could change later. I am just not sure why or how yet it happens.

Gary

feureau

Quote from: jerrykil on October 20, 2013, 11:25:58 PM
i got to play with the dual_iso this weekend and i had a few comments/questions/bug reports.

when i set recovery iso to 6400 it stays at 3200 no matter what i do. my workaround has been to set ISO to 6400 and then set recovery ISO to 3200. I was wondering if this is a bug or if i'm doin something wrong. also, does reversing the order of the ISOs (ie making recovery ISO lower than the actual ISO) have any effect on how CR2HDR works later on?

why am i shooting at such high ISOs? i don't have a flash and i'm on an island with no moneys :(

I get this sort of weird texture pattern, too:

any thoughts?

In the original discussion thread they mentioned that on canons the 'real' ISO only goes up to 3200. Other than that is just a 'boost'. Though it's been mentioned on the APS-C canons it's actually only up to 1600. I think that's about right since you can only get about +3 eVs extra with DualISO.

Btw, any monkeys on your island?

jerrykil

Quote from: feureau on October 21, 2013, 04:57:59 PM
In the original discussion thread they mentioned that on canons the 'real' ISO only goes up to 3200.
mah bad, do you have a link to it?
Other than that is just a 'boost'. Though it's been mentioned on the APS-C canons it's actually only up to 1600. I think that's about right since you can only get about +3 eVs extra with DualISO.
is there a "best practice" kind of thing somewhere on the forums?

Btw, any monkeys on your island?
just me, apparently  :o

they also have some old world mona monkeys that came along with the slaves in the 18th century

Source: Wiki, i didn't take this awesome shot

1%

Look in DualIso source code and count how many ISOs are in EOSM.

Stefano

Hi everybody,

today I started playing with the FPS override to make a 0.2 FPS time lapse video, one of the most useful functions of ML, imho.
As I planned to keep the camera working for a while, I decided to set up the energy saving too, but I couldn't keep the display always turned off; it kept turning on and off at every second of recorded video.
Is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks in advance
Stefano
Canon Eos-M,firmware. 2.0.2 lens ef-m 11-22  f:4-5,6 Windows 7 64

jerrykil

Quote from: 1% on October 21, 2013, 07:04:45 PM
Look in DualIso source code and count how many ISOs are in EOSM.
/*   00 0803 40502516 */
      /*   00 0827 40502538 */
      /*   00 084B 4050255A */
      /*   00 086F 4050257C */
      /*   00 0893 4050259E */
      /*   00 08B7 405025C0 */
thats 6
Boo