Features that are NOT possible - please don't request them

Started by a1ex, May 24, 2012, 02:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

not to mention the pink highlights. Is there a real 50 or 25 on 5DIII?

a1ex

arrinkiiii

Sorry the question but why DxO definition is 100? because of the digital push up?  Or for better performance we should call 66 ??  like native ISO?

And why other camera the ISO/ASA 400 or 800 is the best?

1%

you mean by tweaking the amps? should be similar then after the iso module is released.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on March 02, 2014, 01:24:56 AM
you mean by tweaking the amps? should be similar then after the iso module is released.

But the best is not tweaking the amps and get the native real ISO without any tweaking? (just trying to understand better)

Good reading Audionut, thank you =))

budafilms

Something imposible I like to dream it's to delete completely the firmware of the cameras and create a new firmware.

- More memory free.
- A process to reduce the 14 bits to 10 of the raw to get 2.5K in the CF card with out zoom in 5D mark III.
- Video Mode or photo mode only.
- A1ex inside the camera telling you which it's the best setting for your next shoot.

;)

mad.eos

Looooool! A1ex as the Digic Processor and Audionut as the sound chip! Still figuring something out for dmilligin :-D
Canon EOS 1100D w/ 18-55mm | ML Nightly Build Tester

Piotr.23

Quote from: okuri71 on March 01, 2014, 03:17:22 PM
Hi! Is it possible having Iso 25 on 6D?

This is my first post here, just want to say hello, and extreme respect to ML team!
I would also love to have the feature of low ISO, even lower than 25.
I do a lot of blurred pictures, for that using natural density filters, but you can't have them for all possible lenses (filter diameters).
Than you | Piotr

Marsu42

Quote from: Piotr.23 on March 30, 2014, 09:13:13 PM
I would also love to have the feature of low ISO, even lower than 25.

Good you're writing this in the "features that are NOT possible thread" :-p as this has been requested an no can do. Afaik the older 5d2 has some iso 50 hack, but it's not working on newer cameras even accepting a loss of dynamic range. The upcoming mini_iso module has more dr so you can overexpose more, but otherwise go buy a nd filter.

a1ex

KMikhail

Ability to invoke raw lossless codec for raw video compression would be a heavenly gift: in 5D3 with 6fps it can pump through 22*6=132mpixels/s, while 1920*1080*24=49.8 mpixels/s, while reducing bandwidth requirement by 30-40%.

Stedda

Quote from: KMikhail on April 16, 2014, 12:45:47 AM
Ability to invoke raw lossless codec for raw video compression would be a heavenly gift: in 5D3 with 6fps it can pump through 22*6=132mpixels/s, while 1920*1080*24=49.8 mpixels/s, while reducing bandwidth requirement by 30-40%.

Quote from: a1ex on May 24, 2012, 02:02:23 PM

Custom codecs
Codecs are not implemented on the general-purpose ARM processor. Only MJPEG might be technically possible, since the camera already saves JPEGs.

So much for reading ehhh?
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

SaltPro

It's bigger brothers get a lot more attention... but would be nice to see 4k, RAW, and ML breaking into other realms!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: SaltPro on April 30, 2014, 06:48:07 PM
It's bigger brothers get a lot more attention... but would be nice to see 4k, RAW, and ML breaking into other realms!

It would be not nice to see Canon going to war with ML. You agree here?
There are hints they will not tolerate any kind of messing up with pro stuff.

ML devs decided some time ago not going there. Period!

KMikhail

Quote from: Stedda on April 16, 2014, 01:45:29 PM
So much for reading ehhh?

Indeed, my dear reader. Plz read my statement again. I didn't not suggest to re-implement codecs, but merely the idea of how nice it would be to invoke what is already available. If it could be invoked from ML, of course. Canon FW routines can invoke it.

budafilms

I have a new impossible thing to do: 5D mark III can save 24/25 frames of JPG in 4K. And you know that could be!  ::)

DigitalVeil

QuoteFeatures copied from another Canon camera (crop mode recording, clean HDMI out...)
Copying Canon code or functionality may carry legal risk for us. We do respect the Canon company and love their products and we are strict about staying on the right side of the law.

So, having software that unlocks the ability to take full advantage of what the hardware in the camera you own is truly capable of, is considered by Canon to be a "feature?"

So much for even the slightest hope of the 70D shooting 1080p RAW...
Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

Yuppa

Anyone who has even "...the slightest hope..." of ANY current SD slot being able to record 1080 RAW has 1,000 times too much hope.

Modding the SD controller is a dead horse that just won't stay buried.
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

weinerschizel

I am assuming that a 1080p HDMI out signal on 5dm2 falls under features that are not possible...? clean hdi out?

curious if ISO 50 on 5dm2 is possible

thx!

//You don't need to supersize the font for an entire post.  Regards Audionut.

kitor

Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

reddeercity

Quote from: weinerschizel on December 15, 2016, 03:14:50 AM
I am assuming that a 1080p HDMI out signal on 5dm2 falls under features that are not possible...?
No , 1080p is possible you have to do a little post work thou depending on your HDMI capturing device .
First the 5d2 was never intended to do all thing it can do now so HDMI output was not really configure for Wide Screen 16x9 A.R.
rather it was more Square frame 3x2 A.R. so instead of 1920x1080 you get 1650x1080i60 (YCbCr 4:2:2 8Bit)  with side bars but wait you say  ???
that's 1080i not 1080p , yes As long as you are filming in ntsc @ 24p in the main system the HDMI will embed a 24p inside the 60i signal .
Depending on the capture device some will do on the fly 3:2 pulldown reverse telecine for the ones that don't  like atomos ninja first version (I have one)
They record the 60i (interlaced) , I just load the files in apple compressor or adobe after effect and apply the reverse telecine switch and 3:2 pulldown are automatically performed .60i>23.976p

Quote from: weinerschizel on December 15, 2016, 03:14:50 AM
clean hdi out?
Yes , in the magic lantern menu under the display tab "Clear Overlays" submenu "Recording"
So when activated there will be No overlays at all period , including any raw video recording time when recording raw.
In Standby mode everything back to normal , overlays are visible again.

bulls4ever

Is 1d still outside the reach? 1D 1.3x crop is no longer Canon pro line as it is defunct.

Nowadays used 1D IV is "cheap" and I disagree that just few would take advantage. With its huge buffer (slightly bigger than 5D IV) and fast write speed (CF type II) it would do great on RAW video.

I own one for years and willing to help
EF 400 f/2.8 IS | EF 85 f/1.8 | EF 70-200 IS

Walter Schulz

And here we go again:
Dev team is adamant about not going into Canon's pro gear lineup. Not a matter of discussion.

And lookup why "CF-type II" doesn't cause excitement anymore.