TEEN COP 3: The Ninja Always Rings Twice (1971)

Started by wwjd, December 09, 2013, 04:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwjd

TEEN COP 3: The Ninja Always Rings Twice (1971)

!!  ORIGINAL 1971 DRIVE IN FILM PRINT FOUND IN BARN AT RUDYARD, MONTANA  !!

RESTORED HD version now available:

ItsMeLenny

You are a bi... a bi.... a bit.... a better person.

Absolutely laughing my arse off.

Those ping traces can be as handy as creating a gui interface using visual basic to track IPs.

Judging from the credits I don't think Greg Best had much to do with this filum :P

Also, I think I'll add my own personal opinion (once again) by saying; I think this was a lot tighter than TC2. (That being a good thing.)

wwjd

hehehehe Thanks, Lenny!
And thanks for the feedback!  I'm still learning but trying to make things funny and watchable... even though Teen Cop pretty much lacks that silly "writing" thing and any cohesive storyline.  :)

ItsMeLenny

For something that lacks no cohesive storyline it always works really well, I think that's because it's a good concept.

Teen Cop is one of those kids that will have a difficult transition into adulthood when he finds that he possesses no skills and is no longer a valuable asset to the police force :P

The scene where they're having the phone conversation, I was impressed because in any other situation it would've been too long, and I expect that was part of the intention to make it extensively dragged out, but you managed to do it without it becoming a bore.

arrinkiiii

Very nice, i enjoy it a lot. Remember wend i was more young. I miss this kind of movies =DD

Keep the good work!!!

wwjd

Lenny, your input is VERY interesting to me.  I felt the phone texting part was way too long and almost cut it in half, removing some of the "character's relationship" part, but, because this is a silly, fun, pointless, go no where project, I thought, "Screw it" and left it in saving me a bunch of time.   :)  Good to hear it works ok afterall.  A crowd of about 8 girls at the office watched if over lunch and they really liked the whole texting scene  -- something I never considered:  girls text ALL THE FREAKING TIME, so it seemed to play okay for them too.
I'm not much of a texter... so maybe that is why it felt too long to me?  oh well.  Thanks for the perspective!

MAGIC LANTERN and Technicolor Cinestyle really helped me out with this production.

ItsMeLenny

I text about once a month, literally. I think what also made it more amusing for me personally was the fact that you'd typed it on a computer screen, then followed by a ping trace. What also makes it work is it wasn't just a conversation, there was actually action involved. Films like this are good to experiment in how long a joke can be dragged out for, again comparing it to leslie nielson films, some of his jokes (I  would think not his personally as there were many different writers for his films) but some of his jokes became almost unbearable, only on a couple of occasions though.

delrosestephen

I enjoyed this a lot. I prefer the "restored edition" the dirt and stuff over the other one was  a little too much for me, I liked the color though.

wwjd

hahahaha I figured only computer techs get the irony of a DOS based "Ping Trace" on a flip phone.  :)

The restored edition was a tough call for me.  This entire project started as:  make an old 70s kung fu movie that LOOKS like it is old... but I really liked how the color was looking in a normal version and wanted that out there as well.  So, two releases - cuts down on view count, but I like the option of both.  :)    AND I put a ton of work into the sound, which was then utterly destroyed for the aging effect.
THANKS FOR WATCHING IT!!

drapeama

[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]

wwjd

thanks Drapemama!   dint know you frequented this site.  :)

edwmotion

wwjd

hehehe thanks!   Be sure to not miss Episodes 1 and 2

wwjd

This is using a GH4 and no longer applies here, so please do not watch this teaser.  Thank you.

ItsMeLenny

LOOOL. Love the trailer, as soon as he [spoiler] tripped I was laughing.

I'm glad to see Teen Cop is back, however it's slightly disappointing that it's not using ML,
however again the 4th instalment had to be filmed in 4K, much like the 3rd instalment of movies is usually 3D.

Is TK004K going to be a short or feature length?
Also he looks less pimply this time around, the police force must have a warrant on acne.

Also wwjd, haven't spotted you around the forums lately, at least not in the videos, maybe you have been,
but I guess if you've moved on to bigger and better resolutions then canon DSLRs can't help you out (at least not yet).

wwjd

AS soon as I got my Canon, I was using Magic Lantern.. it just makes sense!  GREAT free software update for a decent camera.
However Canon lies about their HD and I felt very ripped off not getting real HD resolution.  GH4 4K is awesome - even the HD on it is way closer to HD than the Canon.

TC 004K will be another short to experiment with new camera, night shooting, new lights, car mount, crane, etc  gearing up to shoot feature length stuff, but need to write it first.  :)

I loved ML but just not on here much anymore.  But I'll post TC 004K here for kicks in a few months whenever I finish it.  Still shooting.  It's on a whole new level!

this is all GOPRO 2.7k on drone here: