Time lapse of iris blooming

Started by Francis, May 01, 2012, 12:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis

Made using Magic Lantern's intervalometer. PP with Bridge->LRTimelapse->After Effects

bart

Well done Francis. Over what timeperiod is this recorded? I see I slight flickering. You can smooth it somewhat more with a deflicker filter in virtualdub or something.

Francis

Thank you! This was my first attempt using a flash with time lapse in a more controlled environment. This is over ~18 hours (2min interval). I used LRTimelapse for some deflicker but it was insufficient. I had no tried rerendering using a stronger setting. It goes to show the inconsistencies in using cheap Chinese photo equipment. I feel that a higher quality strobe would probably have more consistent flash output. I have a Mac so using virtualdub through the emulator is a bit of a pain. Video production/time lapse is very new to me so I am still finding my workflow.

unity2k

@Francis You might want to try GBDeflicker from Granite Bay Software, the guy has a free, time-limited, evaluation version - and it is for Mac and Windows. Nice first attempt with the flash.

Malcolm Debono

Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!