First bit of commercial RAW work - 5D II - RAW - Film Convert

Started by beauchampy, December 03, 2013, 08:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beauchampy

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

I know theres a bit of aliasing here and there - I need to get my hands on a 5d III !!

arrinkiiii

It's good. I have enjoy to see it  :)

I think you need to be more careful in the light ore the lack of that. 

Africashot

Making food look as delicious as it is can be complicated, I am certainly ready for lunch after watching this, therefore well done! I am with Arrinkiii on the fact that some extra lighting would have helped in some (very few) shots, but I am also still looking for a good portable solution when it comes to lighting in the field, not easy...
ML 5D2 & T3i

beauchampy

Quote from: arrinkiiii on December 04, 2013, 12:06:13 PM
It's good. I have enjoy to see it  :)

I think you need to be more careful in the light ore the lack of that.

Yep, I was actually let down by someone on getting some LED panels for the shoot. It was too late to hire and I had no budget anyway. Ended up having to use available light which wasn't so bad shooting wide open on the Sigma 1.4. Has led to some noise issues though...

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Africashot on December 04, 2013, 12:24:21 PM
but I am also still looking for a good portable solution when it comes to lighting in the field, not easy...

Yes, like me. Would like to buy some good/large led's but no money for that, unfortunately. So i got 2 of this http://www.ebay.com/itm/180931011259?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649   since i already have the bulbs, i just use 4 bulbs of 50w in each one. Very cheap and it make a big difference if you want to put some light in the background, on the subject, etc...  Light is everything, almost everything. But can be the difference for a professional work or amateur work

Quote from: beauchampy on December 04, 2013, 12:26:10 PM
Yep, I was actually let down by someone on getting some LED panels for the shoot. It was too late to hire and I had no budget anyway. Ended up having to use available light which wasn't so bad shooting wide open on the Sigma 1.4. Has led to some noise issues though...

Also like me (and for sure for a lot of people), wend you depend on other people something can go wrong... and the budget that i got for my work is always to much small... almost not paying for the cameraman (myself) and the edition (myself). But is a good work that you make. Keep going  :D

limey

I was really impressed by the filming and editing. Nice job. Makes me want to go do a commercial for a bistro now. At the end of the video it looks like your slider might have reached the end of the rail? There is a bump.

beauchampy

Quote from: limey on December 06, 2013, 02:34:40 AM
I was really impressed by the filming and editing. Nice job. Makes me want to go do a commercial for a bistro now. At the end of the video it looks like your slider might have reached the end of the rail? There is a bump.

Actually that's a weird abnormality.. I had three takes of that shot, but the actors weren't looking quite right apart from in that take. For some reason there's a weird frame bump.. I never reached the end of the slider. I kind of put it down to a glitch with ML and raw, but still thought the actors looked better in that shot so ran with it.