thought for low end camera raw

Started by aombk, December 02, 2013, 09:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aombk

is it possible, for low end cameras like 550d, to skip lines and rows or something like that, so as to record the whole FOV in the small raw resolution these cameras can record?

ItsMeLenny

There's no option to do it in camera, the only way would be to use a wider angle lens.

As for whether it's possible I am not sure. (So I'm just saying if you can get your hands on wider angle lenses it will be useful in the meantime).

aombk

yes i tried that.
i wanted to shoot 640*534 with a 2x anamorphic so i can get 1280*534. i did that with a lot wider lens than i normally use and the results are ok but it is like having a quite smaller sensor so i dont get nice dof.
anyway. i think i have to forget about raw after all

ItsMeLenny

True, you do lose the DOF.

Raw is being developed more for 5dmk3.

I have seen some nice results on 550D. Depends what you want to do with it though.

1%

On the older SD cams you can only do stills, or uprez. No real solid trick for this, canon's was H264... the only hope is mjpeg.

aombk

is there a possibility mjpeg can store all 14bit data so we may get something like compressed raw?

a1ex

no, please stop asking nonsense

for the original question, your camera already skips lines (configurable from canon menu)

Letni

Quote from: a1ex on December 03, 2013, 04:29:16 PM
no, please stop asking nonsense

for the original question, your camera already skips lines (configurable from canon menu)

skips lines in normal FullHD h.264 .mov too?

/delet?  ;D

The question was superfluous, they've answered myself.  ;)

aombk

ok a1ex i will, but only if you answer in detail to this:

can i pull out the 550d sensor and install a cmosis or a red sensor inside my camera?

Walter Schulz

Yes, you can.
Some minor issues to handle after conversion, of course.

1%

You want a red sensor? I've got some red paint, might work ;)