5dmIII RAW files showing as .zip files...HELP!!

Started by sdeming, December 03, 2013, 08:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdeming

So, here's a screen grab of what I'm talking about.

The files show various file sizes and seem to have date but raw2cdng will not recognize them. Any thoughts?

Walter Schulz

Look for file extensions (your's are not visible). I suppose those are splitt files caused by recordings extending 4 GByte. They are named *.001, *.002 and so on. I suppose your computer has a file association for those file with your favourite packaging tool because same extensions are used for compressed files splitt into several parts.

Make yourself familiar with postprocessing steps (or shorter: RTFM) for RAW files. You have to merge those files.

Ciao
Walter

sdeming

First, thanks for responding. Secondly, the files that I'm able to convert to CDNG have a .RAW file extension. These files have a .ROO file extension.

Also, can you point me into a direction as How-to merge the files? Thank you!

sdeming

Walter, you are amazing.
So, it does appear that the files are split, but I'm having a difficult time getting the File Splitter & Joiner program to even see the files I need to join together.

I think the problem is that my files don't have the .001 specification, instead they look like this:

sdeming

WHEW!

Okay, so glad you helped me. I want to let you know that tonight you were a huge blessing to another real person, namely, me. Thank you for your kindness. I also would like to pubiclly state that I will be posting a tutorial and pm'ing you with it on how to do this (for windows users).

You rock.

sdeming

Ha. Okay sorry (another question) what happens when you merge the files and raw2cdng shows this file as having a Resolution of 5282x47112?

sdeming

Man. Did another file joiner (with four split up files) and check out what raw2cdng is showing for the resolution, frame rate, etc.

I'm going to try re-naming the split files in reverse order, merge them that way, and see if that changes things. I'll post back as soon as it's done merging.

Any ideas on this?

*EDIT no dice. :(

sdeming

Okay! It works!! Again, I'm going to post a tutorial but here's a quick fix if someone finds this same problem.

1. Yes, read the links provided by Walter above.
2. Read this post http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7337.0
3. Finally, watch this guy (it's on a mac, but you get the hang of it.) https://vimeo.com/68473652

last if you still can't figure this out, email me through my site www.sethdeming.com and I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers!