[OT] Some unbelievable discounts on Canon inkjet paper

Started by l_d_allan, December 02, 2013, 02:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l_d_allan

See:
Discussion on how to "double and triple stack" discounts to get best price.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52615444

Canon link (best link for best deal can vary ... state of flux during Black Friday)
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/buy-one-get-four-free-when-you-buy-select-canon-photo-paper?cm_sp=SP-_-PRT-_-Text_BFbuy1get4
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/free-gift-paper-and-scrapbooking-kit-promo

If you figure out how to play the game, you can legally and ethically get well over $200 USD worth of premium Canon paper for under $20, directly from Canon. About 7¢ per letter size sheet on Luster, Semi-Gloss, and Plus-Glossy II. The MSRP is 70¢ per sheet. The Pro Platinum is about 13¢. 4x6" glossy for about 2¢

50% off with triple stacked discount of "Buy One Get Five" plus "50% off for registering your Canon printer" and also "Nine free gifts if order over $50". And free shipping. There will be local tax on the net amount. No rebates to fuss with or forget.

Some days there is a promotion for 13x19" A3+ paper, and some days not. About 19¢ per sheet, if I did the math correctly (100 sheets for $18.50 USD ... that's pretty easy).

Note that for actual low costs per print, you pretty much have to refill your cartridges with non-oem ink. Otherwise, you are still paying about $10,000 per gallon for Canon oem ink. There is a significant learning curve to cart refilling, and upfront expenses. It's only rarely that I've seen real discounts on real Canon oem ink. The ink is the "crown jewels" for Canon (and Epson and HP are even higher per gallon).

My go-to paper for give-away prints used to be Costco Kirkland at about 15¢ per sheet. For what I do, Canon oem paper was too expensive at about 70¢ per letter size sheet (MSRP).

My speculation is there are more than a few people on this forum with Canon DSLR's and Pro-100 printers. The cost of ink and paper will eat you alive without super discounts, unless you are a professional printer and the cost of ink + paper is a small percent of the selling cost.

FWIW: with cartridge refills using non-oem German ink and super discounted Canon paper, I can now make high quality, color managed letter size prints for under 10¢ a sheet. Giving away 100 letter size prints as a volunteer photographer at a non-profit event is now chump change.

darkstarr

wow thanks for sharing!!!

i might have to make a trip to the US soon hehe

Stedda

I loaded up a couple weeks ago. I just wish they had more Luster paper on special.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

darkstarr

man i tried to check out with my canadian cc but its got AVS check and only valid for US cc's
tried using Entropay but still failing address verification grrr
spent an hr combining items i want them! lol

anybody know a good virtual cc that has valid AVS check to use in the us?

inhaliburton

Does anyone know if the 50% discount is strictly a Pixma event, or do other Canon printers qualify? I've Registered my Canon iPF-6400 printer to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Paul.

l_d_allan

Quote from: inhaliburton on December 28, 2013, 02:38:48 AM
Does anyone know if the 50% discount is strictly a Pixma event, or do other Canon printers qualify? I've Registered my Canon iPF-6400 printer to no avail.

One thing to try ... contact Canon support directly and ask them.

Do you have any unregistered Pixma printers?

Or any registered ones? I suppose you could try unregister'ing a Pixma printer, and then re-register, and see what happens.

My understanding is that the code you get is good until the 15th of the next month. The code can be used multiple times.

inhaliburton

Hi tere, my 4th try at replying. My desktop is acting up.

Printer pattern is AAHD

Canon is looking into for me, but initial response is they think just applies to smaller printers.

Appreciate your help!!

Regards, Paul.

inhaliburton

Only other Canon printer is a dead ipf5100 that no longer have available.

I think I'm dead in the water on this deal.

Thanks for your effort!