Speeding up ACR workflow

Started by hkarlsen, November 29, 2013, 02:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hkarlsen

Hi guys (and gals?)

Been working with Resolve to output ProRes from my DNGs on some projects now, and quite happy with that. I think its the most speedy way of doing this as of now.

You people doing the ACR workflow, are you actually transcoding several shooting days like this? I might have missed some automation steps, but you are opening every shot in AFX with ACR import manually and then adding all the comps to AFX prores render? Its sooooo time consuming, right? What am I missing?

chmee

It's time consuming, yes. But the raw-Engine from Adobe is kind of unique in terms of quality and refactoring lights and shadows. Since Resolve v10 the difference is much less (the debayer-algorithm in r9 was horrible), but if you want maximum quality (we're talking of near 100%) the Adobe-Engine does it clearly better.

(chmee, waiting for a complete gpu-implemetation)
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

SteveScout

Yes, it´s time consuming, but not THAT time consuming if you know where to cut corners.

Take 5 minutes to read my article .. to my knowledge that´s the fastest way to batch process DNG sequences in After Effects, at least for the moment:

http://hackermovies.com/hackermovies-magic-lantern-raw-workflow-guide

Steffen

chmee

Sorry, Steve. If you want max-Quality i understand the preprocess - but its not that fast as putting the dng-sequence straight into the videotool and working with that.

back to Topic: I think, your link is the accurate answer to the question.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

hkarlsen

Quote from: SteveScout on December 03, 2013, 03:04:22 AM
Yes, it´s time consuming, but not THAT time consuming if you know where to cut corners.

Take 5 minutes to read my article .. to my knowledge that´s the fastest way to batch process DNG sequences in After Effects, at least for the moment:

http://hackermovies.com/hackermovies-magic-lantern-raw-workflow-guide

Steffen

wow. Thank you so much for this article! Ive been looking for a great non-dng workflow, and this is it. Thanks!