Extreme chroma with picture style?

Started by c2s07, November 28, 2013, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c2s07

Hello,

I like using Magic Lantern's "extreme chroma" effect for perfecting the white balance. While waiting for a stable version for 6D, I thought I would try creating a similar effect via a custom picture style:

- Landscape style as base
- Maxed global saturation (+4)
- Maxed individual color saturations in picture style editor (2nd tab, R/Y/G/C/B/M)

It's ok, but not quite there yet. I wonder if that is all I can do with the original software?

I also have related feature requests for 6D ML, might as well mention them here.

1) There are several buttons on 6D which are unused in movie mode. If/when possible to assign custom shortcuts, it would be convenient to have the extreme chroma effect toggleable/holdable from a custom button.

2) I wasn't surprised at all to find out that it's not possible to adjust white balance while recording. Perhaps the multi-controller could be utilised here. It's already controlling the white rectangle position, but with an extra button press, a white balance adjustment mode could be toggled:
2a) left/right = Kelvin value
2b) up/down = green/magenta shift
2c) optional: when active, automatically toggle extreme chroma effect as well (replaces feature request #1)

Thanks for reading, and for any thoughts. :)

Audionut

Quote from: c2s07 on November 28, 2013, 05:50:30 PM
I also have related feature requests for 6D ML, might as well mention them here.

It would be helpful if you could post them in the Feature request section, so that they don't get lost.  This makes it easier for people to search for specific FR, and helps the devs to keep track of requests.

Cheers.

c2s07

I know, but I wonder if the devs want yet another thread dedicated to "I have a custom shortcut button idea!", at least not until such things are properly doable (which they aren't yet, from what I've understood). :)

So I was thinking it would best to just mention these here for now, and if it becomes possible to assign any feature to any custom button, I'll make a proper feature request later on.