[Poll] What language do you speak in your country?

Started by Letni, November 27, 2013, 10:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letni

I am interested in where you come from and what language do you speak there.

Thats all.  ;) ;D

Pelican

Wow! The 50% of the ML users are Hungarian... :)
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

Letni

N/A

7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Letni

Letni

Marsu42

Quote from: Letni on November 27, 2013, 10:34:42 PM
Thats all.  ;) ;D

This might be interesting for another reason - recently I proposed a multi-lingual ML user interface, but it was rejected (for the time being) because of too much hassle for the devs & because you cannot immediately see the strings in the source code or have to write wrapper functions - all of which I don't really find too terribly convincing :-p

Obviously we all speak English here, but looking at the country diversity I'd wager to guess (again) that there might be some folks at home who don't, use a localized Canon menu and miss out ML for this reason - I know many people in eastern Germany (people used to learn Russian there as the 2nd language) still are not very good at English.

mageye

Quote from: Pelican on November 27, 2013, 10:57:36 PM
Wow! The 50% of the ML users are Hungarian... :)

Well actually that's not correct to use figures in that way. At the moment there have been only 24 votes and that is not ALL of ML users is it? :-\

EDIT: At the current count there is apparently 938 ML members.
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Letni

Hey,  ;)

I had actually already thought that each ML user / member who visits this vote also vote.

Greek is included !  ;)

mva

Letni

Letni

If I understand the instructions on how to develope, then I would make the effort and translated each menu item in different languages.

But unfortunately this is not the case.  :'(

Pelican

Quote from: mageye on November 29, 2013, 01:35:08 PM
Well actually that's not correct to use figures in that way. At the moment there have been only 24 votes and that is not ALL of ML users is it? :-\

EDIT: At the current count there is apparently 938 ML members.
Really?  :o
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

Marsu42

Quote from: Letni on November 29, 2013, 11:16:49 PM
If I understand the instructions on how to develope, then I would make the effort and translated each menu item in different languages.

Thanks! We already established that there's no lack of international volunteers (I'd do German)

The current problem is to find a software engineering way to implement localization that everybody is ok with. Of course just using English is the easiest way, no wrapper functions, all strings directly in the source code - but I still think if there's a will there's a way, if enough people request a localized camera ui the opinion may change. This is the thread:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7850.msg69495#msg69495

Datadogie

I put down English but my mother tongue is Doric. (Aberdeen Scotland) ::)
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.