Resolve Proxy>Prem Edit>Resolve Workflow Stopped working!

Started by blabberlicious, November 16, 2013, 12:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blabberlicious

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bboh3nailojvggu/Screenshot%202013-11-16%2009.27.40.png

As of resolve 10, I have been unable to re-link Proxys made in resolve, Edited in Premiere CC with the Original DNGs in resolve.

Using this Guide http://nofilmschool.com/2013/09/tutorial-canon-5d-mark-iii-magic-lantern-raw-offline-online/ all was good in 9 - now when I import the Edited XML (or EDL) from Premiere to resolve, I get an error: 'timecode extents failed to link'

I have tried unchecking the Resolve option to 'use unique File names' when exporting the proxies (appends 'V1-000_' to the front of the proxy) - the result was the same.

I can see that resolve has the Correct Reel Names for the DNGS - and they match the Names of the DNG Folders, and the Proxies I render out.

Pulling my hair out!

Can anyone help - would be much appreciated!

I really want to avoid manually force conforming in resolve.

togg

I think I'm having the same problem with Final Cut Pro X. No way to relink with dngs, I get the same error.

blabberlicious

Look at the XML you send to resolve. From FC.  See if it has the {reel} tag after each media clip.  If it doesn',t it will fail. I had more success using Edls . 

leingad

Same problem here with XML's
Seems to work flawlessly with AAF, which is kind of the same thing, am i right ?

togg

Quote from: blabberlicious on November 19, 2013, 11:02:02 PM
Look at the XML you send to resolve. From FC.  See if it has the {reel} tag after each media clip.  If it doesn',t it will fail. I had more success using Edls .

mmm, but I can only export xlm from FCPX, and there's not reel tag! But anyway, how can I change the reel name of the proxy clips inside final cut?

Is it normale that if I look inside the xml that fcpx create I can read on each clip  ---->  Duration="XXXX/24000s" 
Now I'm thinking that fc is writing wrong fps, 24 instead of 23,976.

blabberlicious

Adobe confirmed it's a bug with premiere 7.1.0.  Workaround is to export edl or use Premiere cs6. They tell me they are on the case.