Turning, fastly, ML Raw files or Dng sequences into .MOV in the computer

Started by diogo.fagundes, November 25, 2013, 08:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diogo.fagundes

Hi!

Well... I just want to know if there are any ways of converting (in the computer) all the raw files that I shot into a .mov, as fast and as simple as the software of the camera do when recording a video (not on raw)... Well.. I`m asking that because when you are about to edit a film you have lots of takes that you won`t use and it takes a long time to import all the dng files in to LR and than compacting to jpg. and sending it to Premiere to make the .mov or .mp4 file. I prefer to edit the video, make the audio sync and and do all these stuff before doing the color grading and etc... So I'm thinking that if I could compact all the raw files into mov files, like the camera does instantly after record a video, I would be able to make all the edition with the file compacted and than select the scenes that I want to work on... And so a would pic the raw files of these scenes and work on that and than just relink the media.

Well another solution can be a program that convert dng sequences into .mov or .mp4 ... but is it would be important that the program convert each folder into a diferent video file. This option would be even better because in this case I don`t have to keep the raw files (that are really large).

Well I hope that i've been clear

Thanks, Already
Premiere cs6, LightRoom 4, LR Time-Lapse 3, Mac OSX 10.8.5

mrnv45

raw2dng (pc) or RAWMagic (mac) convert your .MVI_0000.RAW to DNG's

After Effects - (select ALL FILES - CAMERARAW)  then click 1st file in sequence - MVI_0000.dng

open up acr and do whatever you do to color correct

change after effects to 32Bit project

add that clip to render cue  BEST SETTINGS - change the Quicktime settings format option to PRORes444 or save the comp and drop it in premiere...

kgv5

I think the fastest way right now is to use davinci resolve 10 lite (free)  - if you have some decent GPU it will make proxy files really fast (i7, 16GB ram, GTX570 - almost real time).
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

diogo.fagundes

Quote from: kgv5 on November 25, 2013, 10:25:42 AM
I think the fastest way right now is to use davinci resolve 10 lite (free)

But if I select lots of folders with dng sequences, will davinci resolve lite export each folder into a different mp4 file, with the name of the folder?... because the problem is not my GPU, the problem is that for each film I use to record more than 100 videos, and so converting each dng folder, one at a time, would take too long to finish.

diogo.fagundes

diogo.fagundes

Quote from: derkiki on November 25, 2013, 05:31:01 PM
Try "Son of Batch"

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7266.0

Thanks a lot!!! It was this program that I was searching for!!!

It will help me too much!

With this program you can choose your raw files, than you choose a folder to the output files and it will make, for each raw file, a folder with the DNG sequence and will make a video with the same name of the DNG folders!

So this is even better than RawMagic because it gives you the option of having the videos.

But now I have an other question... Is there any difference between the quality of DNG from RawMagic and the DNG from Son of Batch? Because if there's no difference, I can already uninstall RawMagic.... Well, the question is: can it have difference in the quality between two programs that converts raw files into dng sequences?.. because is there any compression in this process that could make the quality of the file get worse?