Using Auto Whitebalance (ACR) skips images?

Started by mrnv45, November 25, 2013, 08:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrnv45

i was noticing in some of my shots (2nd verse Performance infront of tv's) i used the ACR (auto whitebalance) feature.  some of the files were converted yellowish, but some were left ,blueish.  you can kinda see the colors on the face flicker around frame by frame in the 2nd verse performance

this is a RAW/h.264 music video.. all b-roll was in raw...and mostly all performance was h.264 except some of the last verse

you can see it big time at the 2:00 mark

dmilligan

You need to be a little more specific about your workflow. You say you used ACR, but what was the workflow? Direct import to AE? Lr -> jpg -> FCP?

mrnv45

RAWMagic - DNg import to AE (MVI_0000.dng)  edited in acr.. set to 32bit... then export to ProRes444 thats what it looked like straight out the acr edit.. it wasnt doing it before..  it does it on some clips..not all.. only ones that were moving like his..

dmilligan

You're using the ACR dialog from within AE? I try to avoid that, I use Br instead. ACR dialog in Br is much nicer to use than the ACR dialog in AE, you can look at any frame (not just the first one) and 'synchronize' specific settings to all frames. I also wrote a script that lets me ramp settings and deflicker in Br. Br also seems a little faster at generating previews.

mrnv45

everytime i try acr setting in bridge it says i have to open another program atleast once?