premiere pro cc 7.1 & cinemadng

Started by Fringuello, November 16, 2013, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fringuello

I updated to version 7.1 cc premiere pro, but still do not understand how to import dng files?
Italy - canon 7D

Fringuello

But it does not explain why always appears the error message?
Italy - canon 7D

Midphase

Are you pointing the PP browser to the folder which contains your CDNG sequence or the first CDNG file of the sequence itself?

Also, what are you using to convert the raw files to CDNG?

Fringuello

That is the first file in the sequence, the files I have not converted
Italy - canon 7D

Fringuello

Italy - canon 7D

aace

Quote from: Fringuello on November 16, 2013, 02:54:57 PM
I updated to version 7.1 cc premiere pro, but still do not understand how to import dng files?

I had this same issue. Today, I finally figured it out. The program that converts raw files properly for Premiere Pro is raw2cinemadng not the standard raw2dng. You should be able to find it here: http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2013/06/magiclantern-raw2cdng-cinema-dng/

This app will convert your raw files into compatible dng files for premiere pro 7.1. There is still a workaround needed to import the dng files into Premiere properly, though.

Currently the dng files will import into Premiere with a pink/magenta hue over the entire image. You'll have to detour into After Effects first, then save an After Effects project file, then import the After Effects file into Premiere. This is explained better here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZSbJn_1xs

It didn't look like your question was answered so I hope this helps!

chmee

did you tried my "look"? its inside v1.4.5 of raw2cdng. and found/described in the cdng-thread.
read here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5618.msg86804#msg86804 - and following.
using the look via the lumetri-effects-layer.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

aace

Quote from: chmee on November 24, 2013, 08:27:52 PM
did you tried my "look"? its inside v1.4.5 of raw2cdng. and found/described in the cdng-thread.
read here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5618.msg86804#msg86804 - and following.
using the look via the lumetri-effects-layer.

regards chmee

I tried your look and it doesn't change the pink cast. Also when I try to use the raw2cdng 1.4.5 version it crashes every time. I use 1.4.5 for convert my MLV files then convert the RAWs with 1.3.0. Is this common? or am I doing something wrong? I noticed that the hookah lut seems to work, but when I try to download it, I download a text file. I'm not a programmer and a horrible tester but I'm trying. Thanks chmee!

chmee

please try v1.4.6. - if youre downloading the data of hookah, copy/paste it with a texteditor into a file and name it with an ending .look.

regards chmee

aace

Quote from: chmee on November 25, 2013, 08:34:02 AM
please try v1.4.6. - if youre downloading the data of hookah, copy/paste it with a texteditor into a file and name it with an ending .look.

regards chmee

Thanks for your help. Shortly after that response I saw the new raw2cdng 1.4.6 and it works perfectly. I've tried both lumetri .look files. The one you provided and the hookah version with no luck. For now I'll stick to the After Effects detour until something a bit more stable comes around. Thanks again, standing by for your mlv2cdng tool!

Fringuello

regards chmee
there is a version for mac?
Italy - canon 7D

gary2013

I just tried the 1.4.6 and 1.4.5 on windows 7 and I cannot get the drop to work at all. It does the drag of MLV raw files and shows the + sign icon on the mouse pointer, but nothing gets dropped to process?? I am using TL ver Nov 23 on the M camera

Gary

Fringuello

converting files with rawmagic premiere pro cc import them without opening camera raw but are pink, as I work out?
Italy - canon 7D

chmee

[raw2cdng1.4.6] for MLV there should be the mlv_dump in th same path. (its showing up in the maintitle if its enabled) - after that, right after dropping, mlv_dump will rewrite the mlv-file into a raw-file. a commandline should open. if that not happends. uhm..

Fringuello

regards chmee
where do you get the look?
and how is it used?
thanks
Italy - canon 7D

bnvm

Just FYI there is a huge performance loss if you dynamic link a AE comp directly into premiere. It is much more efficient to export out a high quality intermediate like a 10 bit blackmagic instead. Anything over 10 bit is somewhat overkill anyway, unless you really need to push a grade.

aace

Quote from: bnvm on November 26, 2013, 06:58:04 PM
Just FYI there is a huge performance loss if you dynamic link a AE comp directly into premiere. It is much more efficient to export out a high quality intermediate like a 10 bit blackmagic instead. Anything over 10 bit is somewhat overkill anyway, unless you really need to push a grade.

You are absolutely right. I've had to export using cineform through after effects because it is entirely too slow.

@ chmee is it possible to incorporate RAW2GPCF.exe into raw2cdng or the upcoming mlv2cdng?

MA Visuals

Quote from: aace on November 27, 2013, 05:50:17 AM

@ chmee is it possible to incorporate RAW2GPCF.exe into raw2cdng or the upcoming mlv2cdng?

+1... This would be ideal.

chmee

its not on my list and i wont, sry. please see cinemadng as my favourited format..

regards chmee