5D3 RAW Video Test Comparison (Metro Bus)

Started by DeafEyeJedi, November 14, 2013, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

Hello Magicians,

Here I thought of an idea to show as much DR as possible by shooting in Raw Video with ML while riding in the back of a city bus.

Will be sharing Dual ISO Video tests as well when I can.

Thanks A1ex and the ML crew...

Enjoy!

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

gary2013

div4o

Hi,

can you briefly explain, how to use the dual Iso video with ML? do i have to set some specific ajusments?

thx

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: div4o on November 15, 2013, 09:53:07 AM
Hi,

can you briefly explain, how to use the dual Iso video with ML? do i have to set some specific ajusments?

thx
Absolutely.

I'll try to keep it as simple as possible...do you have the lastest nightly built for ML? (I am currently using Nov.11 build)

If so, then you would want to make sure that the Modules are on for both Raw Video recording as well as Dual ISO. You can find them under the Modules section in your ML menu.

Then scroll to the Expo section (2nd to the left screen on ML menu) Be sure to turn on Dual ISO and your preferred settings. (KEEP IN MIND THAT IT ALSO REQUIRES FOR YOU TO HAVE RAW VIDEO RECORDING ON otherwise!)

You may also want to look into the ETTR which I think its an amazing feature that definitely helps in certain shooting situations whereas heavy DR is involved. Which also has to be turned on in the Module section as well.

Would be glad to answer any more questions if needed to.

*cheers*

SJ

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on November 15, 2013, 08:45:22 PM
Absolutely.

I'll try to keep it as simple as possible...do you have the lastest nightly built for ML? (I am currently using Nov.11 build)

If so, then you would want to make sure that the Modules are on for both Raw Video recording as well as Dual ISO. You can find them under the Modules section in your ML menu.

Then scroll to the Expo section (2nd to the left screen on ML menu) Be sure to turn on Dual ISO and your preferred settings. (KEEP IN MIND THAT IT ALSO REQUIRES FOR YOU TO HAVE RAW VIDEO RECORDING ON otherwise!)

You may also want to look into the ETTR which I think its an amazing feature that definitely helps in certain shooting situations whereas heavy DR is involved. Which also has to be turned on in the Module section as well.

Would be glad to answer any more questions if needed to.

*cheers*

SJ

Did the info from up above not answer to your question or did you meant how to do it in POST?

If so -- Dual ISO Raw Videos should be converted to DNG's with Raw2dng and then Take the DNG's (which will still have the Dual ISO lines) into cr2hdr (just drag the folder and it'll do the work for you which will take awhile!) and then FINALLY you can colorgrade them and EXPORT as TIFF's in order for you to Open as Sequence Files in Quicktime 7 (not 10)...

Lastly would be to export from QT7 in whatever format you desire depending on your editing system's requirements.

Hope this helps!