ML raw2dng, not working with 5dmkII raw files

Started by iltonkdr, November 12, 2013, 01:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iltonkdr

Ive been using RAW for couple times and it works great, but now when i want to convert my raw files to dng, raw2dng does not let me convert and therefore creates a empty folder with no dng's in.

So this is debug report i get:

M0000023 File Supported
Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file

Generating ProResHQ 4444 with FPS:
*.dng: No such file or directory
ffmpeg version 1.2.1-tessus Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on May  9 2013 21:58:14 with llvm-gcc 4.2.1 (LLVM build 2336.1.00)
  configuration: --prefix=/Users/tessus/data/ext/ffmpeg/sw --as=yasm --extra-version=tessus --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-ffplay --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-libspeex --enable-bzlib --enable-zlib --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libxavs --enable-version3 --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvpx --enable-libgsm --enable-libopus --enable-fontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libass --enable-filters --enable-runtime-cpudetect
  libavutil      52. 18.100 / 52. 18.100
  libavcodec     54. 92.100 / 54. 92.100
  libavformat    54. 63.104 / 54. 63.104
  libavdevice    54.  3.103 / 54.  3.103
  libavfilter     3. 42.103 /  3. 42.103
  libswscale      2.  2.100 /  2.  2.100
  libswresample   0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
  libpostproc    52.  2.100 / 52.  2.100
[image2pipe demuxer @ 0x10201fc00] Could not parse framerate: .
pipe:0: Invalid argument
Done

I strongly have suspicions that the header data was not correct applied to the file? perhaps is there a software to ignore the file header and export the dng's anyway?
For those who'd like to have a close look into one of the files here is download link: 100mb
http://we.tl/FutdLISmoE

Please, could someone tell me that I've not just lost the content inside the RAW..?!?
These are very important files, who can help me out!!!
My OS is Mac. Isn't there a way i can for these files out the RAW files?

sammyb

Have you tried some alternative programs? I'm preety sure raw2dng has a terminal based version that might be worth trying. Otherwise upload it and I'll have a go if you want.

iltonkdr

mrnv45

use RAWmagic for MAC its way easier and more convenient

mrnv45

iltonkdr

:( sucks, cause there is information in the files. and i remember stopping the recording during filming correctly.

mrnv45

are those copied from card?  have you formatted the card?

if not download RAWmagic and drag and drop from the card (original copy)

iltonkdr

unfortunately the card has already been formatted, these are copies..

sammyb

Nothing I tried even recognised it as a RAW file. Sorry, you're probably going to have to cut you're losses on this one or maybe one of the devs will have some insight.

iltonkdr

Too bad, don't know if there is any other options, but so far, really thanks! appreciate it!!
now I know what to do next time.

escho

manipilating the header a little bit, I´m able to get  40 dngs out of the file, using raw2dng. 39 of the frames only contain noise. the last one is a picture of some guys with some paintings on a wall, but this frame is hardly corrupted. so I guess, for some reasons the header is corrupted.

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

iltonkdr

Oh I see, what was exactly i did wrong during the film process?

escho

Quote from: iltonkdr on November 12, 2013, 11:21:43 PM
Oh I see, what was exactly i did wrong during the film process?
I don´t know, sorry

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed