Short video called 'The Challenge' with use of the 550d (T2i)

Started by RevWorks, November 08, 2013, 08:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevWorks

Hi guys,

A year ago I bought a 2nd hand 55d (T2i) with a Zacuto viewfinder and a 18-55mm Canon kit lens. Which was from a 350d I found out later, because it had no IS. Soon I bought a 50mm 1.8 and a 10-20mm Sigma F/4-5.6.

Recently I shot a video with it, alongside a Sony NX5. The NX5 is great all-round, with ND's and a good image stabilizer, but it doesn't shoot a sexy shallow depth of field. And for the on-car shots, we used a GoPro hd3 black.

'The Challenge' shows 2 beauties running from the police in their wrapped Supercars, to deliver a special package during the StreetGasm 2000 Challenge.

I used Magic Lantern to have zebra's and a constant bitrate. Cranked up the bitrate sometimes, but it became unreliable sometimes. So I went back to bitrate set to 1.0x.

I shot the video for a friend, who organizes a car rally through europe. I also directed and edited the video by my self with use of friends to help on the set.

I like to know what you guys think of it. If you have any questions about the video, feel free to ask!

RedHerring

Liked it a lot. I shoot motor sports and find myself using the gopro more and more. Magic lantern for gopro?  ;)

RevWorks

Thank you RedHerring! GoPro's are a lot of fun! Small, lightweight and powerfull.  ;)

RedHerring

And the gopros are tough, I've seen them drop 20 feet onto concrete and just keep on recording.

I have seen them grind against pavement at 50 MPH and keep on recording.

Amazing little cameras. I love the 120 fps modes. Fantastic slow motion work.

Cheers

RevWorks

Havent tested the 120fps mode yet. Guess it can still do 720 resolution in 120 fps!? I wasn't aware of that! That is very acceptable! I will test that out soon!  ;D