timelapse

Started by NunoCaldeira, November 08, 2013, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NunoCaldeira

Canon 550D, magic lantern low fps feature. Lensbaby Composer Pro with the Edge 80 Optic.
any feedback?

mageye

Very good. I love tilt shift style time lapse. You get a really distorted reality and the miniature look works very well. Compositionally it works. You selected some good points of view. Music is good too.

However I have a minor criticism. It's minor because it's to do with how you post processed the Images (I believe). There is a distinctive pinkness to the highlights. This is especially noticeable in the highlight detail on the clouds, in certain parts of the video.

I personally think you could fix this small problem fairly easily with some careful adjustment in ACR (or even other software!)

Otherwise, what you what you have is very good and I really rate it.

Well done. ;D

P.S. Oh and where was it? Maybe you should add the location on the intro or outro titles?

EDIT: OK so I am an idiot!!! The place is 'Funchal' on some island north of the Canaries! (Madeira in fact)
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

NunoCaldeira

thanks for the feedback. the pink is due to the cheap ND filters (they are supposed to be neutral...but now i know why the price is so low...they arent neutral and mess with the colours)