.RAW file problem with raw2dng.exe

Started by arturochu, November 08, 2013, 09:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arturochu

hey, i got a 10.2 gb .RAW file that i cannot convert to dng with latest raw2dng.exe, i have no clue why, i already tried running it with admin rights but got no luck, any suggestions?
Chu

Erik Caretta

arturochu

i have the .RAW file that came straight from camera in my computer, i need to convert it to dng's so i can import it to resolve or adobe acr, the problem is that i cannot convert it, every time i try to open it with raw2dng.exe the program crashes (or maybe just closes) and nothing happens. I know the .RAW file has information, cause its a 10.2 gb.  and cause i remember i recorded.

i could upload the file to dropbox if someone is willing to help me.
Chu

pilgrim

We, or me, need more detail to help you.
- Is it 10GB from the card ? Is it 10 GB after merge/append file ? If merge file, do you still have the file.RAW and file.R00, etc ?
- Which computer system do you use : Windows, Mac, Linux ?

Hope to help you.

arturochu

its a single 10.2 gb file, i shot it with my card formatted to exfat in my mark iii, actually i shot a bunch of .raw file before and after this file and all of them except this one work.
Chu

RenatoPhoto

Drag and drop the file on to the raw2dng.exe
If program crashes change the file name to something simple.
If program crashes change the directory name to something simple like raw or put it the root directory and raw2dng.exe in the same directory.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Kharak

once you go raw you never go back

Erik Caretta

maybe the header is corrupted. Try to take a look at the sticky  threads on the workflow page, there is one that explain how to repair damaged files.