DaVinci Resolve 10 is now available (non-beta) for download

Started by vikado, November 07, 2013, 09:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vikado

just a heads up, DaVinci Resolve 10 is now available (non-beta)
so it looks like you can export above 1080p now.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/detail?sid=3948&pid=11735&leg=false&os=win
5d2 user

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

togg

mrnv45

vikado

you're on mac correct?
do you have a gpu and intergrated gpu by any chance?
5d2 user

mrnv45

macbook 2011
13"
i5
i believe it gives me a pop up to check it.. so im sure no

vikado

oh, i've read not all macbooks can run resolve.
i think you're in that group.
quite upsetting if i were in your shoes.
5d2 user

mrnv45

main reason why i got a mac cause i was told how much better they are. quality and longevity.

ive had a toshiba satellite since 2005.. only thing ever went wrong was my niece stepped on screen so i had to connect it to a computer screen.   but ive replaced 3 macbooks in less then 4 years.  plus only thing that sold me was final cut pro.  but not using premiere and after effects more.. i can go back to windows.. i miss it. lol :'(

Midphase

Quote from: mrnv45 on November 08, 2013, 05:45:46 PM
main reason why i got a mac cause i was told how much better they are. quality and longevity.

I'll give you the quality part, I'm not sure why you've had to change Macs 3 times in less than 4 years, but that seems kinda strange an unusual.

However when it comes to longevity, I think that's no longer a reality with either Macs or PC's.  CPU's and particularly GPU's move at too fast of a pace to expect a machine to last much longer than a year, particularly if you're trying to run bleeding edge software which is extremely demanding like Resolve.

5D3shooter

You should build a hackintosh, better performance and only a fraction of the cost.

tonymacx86.com for all instruction on building one

togg

Quote from: 5D3shooter on November 09, 2013, 05:54:12 AM
You should build a hackintosh, better performance and only a fraction of the cost.

tonymacx86.com for all instruction on building one

This is the right path.

ilia

I'm running Resolve 10 on a new iMac 27" i7 with Nvidia Geforce GTX 780m with 4GB vRam, and its blazing fast. I'm rendering out ProRes 4444 between 30-35fps.  Plus, Resolve 10 has improved the debayering of the Raw files and added sharpening to camera Raw that is much more subtle then the regular blur/sharpening pane. Finally can use the Resolve workflow instead of wasting hours of rendering out in After Effects. 

scarluuk

Loving Resolve 10.
Definitely the added support for OFX is really nice, really loving it that i can add filmconvert directly to a node now instead of afterwards sending it to AE.
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision.
Canon 5D mark III / Canon 24-105mm F4L IS / Samyang 14mm T3.1 / Samyang 24mm T1.5 / Canon 50mm F1.4 / Samyang 85mm T1.5

mageye

I am not 100% certain about this but ....

All the people that are experiencing problems on the Mac running Mavericks. I think that the problem is with CUDA. Resolve runs fine (but slow) on Mountain Lion with my (inexpensive) Asus GeForce GT 210 (hackintosh). On Mavericks I get the problem where it gives a little message about CUDA when you load the Resolve 10 application.

Then, after login, as soon as you try and browse your library of DNG files it crashes out completely. What I believe is happening is the CUDA needs updating as you would normally update from the System Preferences/CUDA Preferences.

So basically I am waiting on a CUDA update from nVidia. I expect that there have been some semi radical changes in the Mavericks graphics system or something that is taking time. I wait patiently.

(IMHO)
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7