I just don't figure it out how can Iinstall the magic lantern in my 5d mkIII..

Started by saldias, November 05, 2013, 01:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saldias

I have an mark iii and i don't find any link to download any release that fits to it. I search a lot and no answer.
Can somebody helps me?

thank you

painya

Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

KeepItMoving

Well I have the 5D MKIII and I would love to upgrade to the ML software but I don't own a PC...  All my computers are MAC's and you don't have the software for MAC...  Will you be releasing a version for MAC soon?  Thanks in advance!!!

BAMVideo

Hello All
New to the forum and researching what I need to install ML using my mac pro.

I do know you can use this http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/macboot/macboot.html instead of the EOSCard software which is for PC only.

My issue is using the newest ML build. If I have read correctly, we can use the alpha 3 build for the initial build then easily update to one of the bleeding edge builds. (Seems there is no stable build currently)
Does this good?

Any one with experience installing with a mac would be a great asset to assist this non techie.

~BAM

Janke

"MacBoot.class" will enable you to set the boot flag on the memory card. I did, ML now works on my EOS-M.

BAMVideo

I just found out my 5d Miii has had Magic Lantern installed before. The bootflag should of been already set correct?

chris_overseas

Quote from: BAMVideo on January 24, 2014, 07:24:14 AM
I just found out my 5d Miii has had Magic Lantern installed before. The bootflag should of been already set correct?

Not necessarily. The early alpha build was a .fir file that needed to be flashed each time you wanted to use it, rather than booting every time via the bootflag. One way you can tell - does the camera take a second or two to wake up? If so then the bootflag is enabled. If it wakes up instantly then the bootflag probably hasn't been set yet.
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II