Any Final Cut users out there that can convert a file to xml for me?

Started by noisyboy, November 07, 2013, 03:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noisyboy

Hey duuuuudes!

So basically I know there are other forums that are out there that may be more suited to this kind of request but there is absolutely no other community on the web that is as helpful and encouraging than the Magic Lantern community, so here I am :)

Basically it's 02:16am and I'm supposed to be grading a short in Resolve that was cut in Final Cut but the editor appears to have not given me the XML file I requested and instead just gave me the fcp file. I don't even have a Mac let alone FC, I cut in Premiere CC on Windows so it's not like I can just convert it myself either and because it's now 02:18am, the editor is nicely wrapped up in bed while I pull my hair out wondering how the hell I'm gonna get through this short by tomorrow. SO! Could anyone out there be an absolute BOSS and take my fcp file and quickly send me back an XML through the kindness of their heart? I would seriously owe you one! I'm pretty sure you shouldn't need the footage and should be reasonably successful with just the project file (unless you are an owner of Xto7 which converts these files to XML without going into FC).

Any other suggestions welcome!

Cheers!  8)

reddeercity

I have 7toX , Do you have a fcpxml or just the fcp7 xml ?
i know resolve use to import fpcxml on the PC.
if i can help, let me know :)

reddeercity