Rack focus stops

Started by Chungdha, October 30, 2013, 09:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chungdha

I know inside magic lantern right now we got rack focus we can set it to rack focus from one point to the other and we can also view the focus distance on the lens, however the rack focus does not always work well on all lenses and not alway work the speed you want.

What I suggest is something to help people who rather manual focus it but have a tool to give you the information where to rack focus to giving you informations to see where to stop. As certain shots you would not have time to look at your follow focus to see where to focus to. Like if you have a panning shot while distance to the objects be the same you still need to look at the framing while panning but also rack focus at the right moment.

So have a kind of a ruler shown on the screen where you can set markers while you focus you can see where your focus is at that point. And quickly set multiple markers by focussing to the right spot then to go to the menu or assign a certain button to set a marker and able to set multiple ones and just have a reset button to clear out the markers.

Hopefully you guys could add this kind of information on the screen as it would greatly help people to focus and easily manual focus without having to add tons of gadgets to focus better.

Chungdha

This is possible right cause there are read outs where the focus distance is, but need to be in much easier way to see the focus distances in a meter than just only numbers.

albert-e

derkiki

I don't think the read-out is accurate enough.