screen getting dim in liveview

Started by Samexter, February 03, 2013, 09:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samexter

Hi all,
I dnt know if this has been addressed before, apologies if so, I couldn't find one to fix my problem. My problem is when i'm in live view my screen dims for about a second and a half or so and go back to normal. This repeats and sometimes when i use my macro lens i hear the aperture blades working meaning it directs the lens to stop down and back repeatedly. Is this normal? can this be turned off? if this is inherent why is this useful? or is this some weird thing?

Jordy Vandeput

Quote from: Samexter on February 03, 2013, 09:12:20 AM
Hi all,
I dnt know if this has been addressed before, apologies if so, I couldn't find one to fix my problem. My problem is when i'm in live view my screen dims for about a second and a half or so and go back to normal. This repeats and sometimes when i use my macro lens i hear the aperture blades working meaning it directs the lens to stop down and back repeatedly. Is this normal? can this be turned off? if this is inherent why is this useful? or is this some weird thing?

Well, there is the ability to dim your screen after a certain amount of time for power saving. But it shouldn't 'flicker'. Can you check that setting in the ML menu? Try to turn it off, and see if it still occurs.
DSLR evangelist and Tuts+ instructor

Samexter

Nope I checked it out already, this is no power saver thing, when you are in the live view mode it just moves back and forth between a low exposure and normal one (hence the dim effect). Forgot one thing, this is on my 50D, I have ML on my 500D as well and it shows no such thing.

nanomad

Upload a video of the issue from cold boot to when the bug happens
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

sureshotfilms

did you ever find a solution because i am having the same problem with my t2i