Two cameras one with ML, booting from the same set of cards

Started by forsakenlight, April 11, 2016, 06:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forsakenlight

Hi,
Me and my wife, we have two cameras 6d, and 5d mark III. From time to time I will use 6d and I need to install ML on it.
So I want to install ML only on 6d, the 5D will run on original canon firmware.
My wife and I want to be able to use the same set of sdhc cards on both cameras.

If I am correct, after installed ML on 6D, I have two choices:
1) Copy ML on all cards and use them in both cameras. The ML will be available on 6d, and 5d will be running on original firmware and therefore it won't be able to see ML.

2) Copy ML to First card and Format remaining cards from the 6D (select this option: Format card, remove Magic Lantern). Then the 6D will be running ML when the first card will be inserted, and original firmware on the remaining cards. The 5d will work on original firmware on all cards.
If option 2 is possible and correct I will strongly prefer this one. My wife then will work on original firmware on 6D and 5D on remaining cards, and I will work on ML, on 6D, on the first card

Only drawback that I think of is that:
1) All cards must have copied ML

2) First card must have copied ML and the remaining cards must be formatted from 6D with: Format card, remove Magic Lantern, option

Am i correct, is it possible? Is there anything that I am missing? Any advice is welcome.
Regards, f.