Magic Zoom and 3x crop brightening bugs?

Started by bnvm, October 23, 2013, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnvm

I am having an issue that seems to be a bug and appears to be related to raw video. I have magic zoom setup so I can check focus before I begin a raw recording. It doesn't work during recording since I have global draw turned off. Frequently after I do a few raw recordings the magic zoom stops working and will not show unless I turn of and on the LV. It is not a huge deal since it is easy enough to turn off the LV but it does take a little bit of time which can be an issue if I am trying to shoot quickly.

Also sometimes when is use the 3x crop mode to check focus with raw video enabled it will start of looking normal but within a second or two the LV will become very overexposed making it nearly impossible to see anything.

Any one else experiencing any of these?

1%

1%

If you use a display filter it will break MZ. Also the zoom with raw enabled turns funky colors, there is some stuff to counteract it but its not perfect.

reddeercity

Oct 4th built, 5D2
I notice the 3x crop mode footage i shot,
The iso would change from the 1/48 sec. to about 1/80 sec.
Would over exposed my shot , at lest though the Lv.
So i compensated by adjusting the iso to about 1/30 sec
and ended up at the 1/48 sec @ 2k. 23.976p with fps over ride on.
Ok in non crop mode.

ted ramasola

Quote from: reddeercity on October 23, 2013, 09:32:52 PM
Oct 4th built, 5D2
I notice the 3x crop mode footage i shot,
The iso would change from the 1/48 sec. to about 1/80 sec.
Would over exposed my shot , at lest though the Lv.
So i compensated by adjusting the iso to about 1/30 sec
and ended up at the 1/48 sec @ 2k. 23.976p with fps over ride on.
Ok in non crop mode.

ISO? or Shutter Speed?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

reddeercity

Quote from: ted ramasola on October 23, 2013, 09:51:26 PM
ISO? or Shutter Speed?
Shutter Speed, Sorry i was think one thing typing another ::)
I had my EF 70-200mm f2.8L plus canon 2x extender = 1200mm @ f5.6

1%

Maybe time for expo override? I know 50D is horrible if you let canon mess with anything.

Africashot

I have noticed the same thing on 5DII a while back, I had started adjusting the shutter speed everytime I would switch between crop mode and full frame, but every now and then I'd forget of course; I guess it does not really become obvious or ruin a shot to shoot at 1/80 instead of 1/50, still it would be great if there was a way to fix this...
ML 5D2 & T3i

engardeknave

Quotezoom with raw enabled turns funky colors, there is some stuff to counteract it but its not perfect.

AHHHH, I had no idea there was a way to get rid of pinkframe on zoom with half shutter! This is useful.

But what do you mean stuff to counteract it?

a1ex

One is a bug in photo mode with raw histogram, the other one has to be pink because that's the only raw mode that does not have focus pixels.

Wait a minute, this could be the key to fixing the bug in photo mode.

coolerinc

Quote from: bnvm on October 23, 2013, 05:33:53 PM
I am having an issue that seems to be a bug and appears to be related to raw video. I have magic zoom setup so I can check focus before I begin a raw recording. It doesn't work during recording since I have global draw turned off. Frequently after I do a few raw recordings the magic zoom stops working and will not show unless I turn of and on the LV. It is not a huge deal since it is easy enough to turn off the LV but it does take a little bit of time which can be an issue if I am trying to shoot quickly.

Also sometimes when is use the 3x crop mode to check focus with raw video enabled it will start of looking normal but within a second or two the LV will become very overexposed making it nearly impossible to see anything.

Any one else experiencing any of these?
Hi,
are you talking about these bugs?

bnvm

coolerinc

How to get rid of it?
Shooting on MKII, workflow through Ginger HDR in AE CS6