New 1DX firmware adds a few ML features

Started by Audionut, October 23, 2013, 04:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audionut

Would love to see all of this filter down to the 5D3, but that's probably wishful thinking.  Just as well we have ML :)

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/10/new-canon-eos-1d-x-eos-1d-c-firmware-coming/

Here are a couple of the updates that are already available with ML.

Expanded Minimum Shutter Speed in Auto ISO – In response to user feedback, this improved functionality in Auto ISO enables photographers to select a minimum shutter speed as high as 1/8000th of a second to freeze moving subjects.

Exposure Compensation in Auto ISO with Manual Mode Set – This new function enables photographers to manually set a desired shutter speed and aperture, use Auto ISO to control the exposure, and use Exposure Compensation to adjust the exposure for challenging lighting conditions (e.g., a very dark or very bright background). This new function can be activated through the Quick Control Dial or by using the Main Dial while pressing the SET button.

Same Exposure for New Aperture in Manual Mode – This new firmware feature provides users with the ability to maintain consistent exposure levels in Manual mode when the aperture changes, for example when a photographer shoots at maximum aperture with a variable-aperture lens (such as the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM telephoto zoom) or when using a lens equipped with built-in extender (such as the EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X). The feature gives users the option to have the camera adjust the shutter speed or the ISO to compensate for the aperture change.

mucher

These 3 features look nice, wish they can come down to 7D

N/A

Wow.... It's a $6500 camera and this is what they call an "update"? I guess ML has spoiled us.

Thank God Canon doesn't make cell phones. We'd all still be walking around with flip phones the size of bricks.

7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

1%

QuoteEF Lens Communication – The new service update for the EOS-1D C Digital SLR Cinema camera will enable Canon EF-mount Cinema lenses to store lens metadata in the video recorded by the camera.

Stolen from g3gg0.

QuoteAudio Recording – In response to user requests, audio on the EOS-1D C camera has also been enhanced. Currently audio recording is limited to a MIC input, but the forthcoming service update will permit selection of LINE or MIC input, allowing use of a wider variety of external audio sources.

Equivalent to "Mic Power" setting in AK4646 cams.

g3gg0

Quote from: 1% on October 23, 2013, 06:04:15 PM
Stolen from g3gg0.

absolutely. MLV features come to canon now?
what a shame canon didnt think about that earlier. if i remember correctly, THEY are the ones who earn their money with cameras and technology....

i should have patented that. for a small fee of 1x "EOS 1DC" they can license it.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Marsu42

Quote from: mucher on October 23, 2013, 05:32:42 AM
These 3 features look nice, wish they can come down to 7D

The 1dx owners don't know what they're missing, ml already has expo lock, the stable 2.3 ml or the auto_iso module have unlimited min. shutter speed in av (and aperture in tv), the module also has ec on m :-)

Danne

Is there an auto iso module in the nightly builds for the 5d mark 3 Marsu42?

Marsu42

Quote from: Danne on October 24, 2013, 12:14:27 AM
Is there an auto iso module in the nightly builds for the 5d mark 3 Marsu42?

No, it's not in nightly yet, but it works - you can add the code from the pull request to your ml source and compile, or just compile the auto iso fork: https://bitbucket.org/Marsu42/ml-aiso

If you don't want to do that you'll have to wait until I've added another feature I'm working on :-) ... see here for updates: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8688.0

mucher

Quote from: Marsu42 on October 24, 2013, 12:02:52 AM
The 1dx owners don't know what they're missing, ml already has expo lock, the stable 2.3 ml or the auto_iso module have unlimited min. shutter speed in av (and aperture in tv), the module also has ec on m :-)

I didn't know that, for I used to only use the rec_raw.mo module. Start willing to try already. Wish somebody will tell me that if there is anyway that I can start ML without flashing the camera's firmware.

Marsu42

Quote from: mucher on October 24, 2013, 12:37:28 AMWish somebody will tell me that if there is anyway that I can start ML without flashing the camera's firmware.

Yes. No.

1%

And if they're stealing from MLV, where is the main feature? ... raw

I have ML auto ISO but only updated to 9/26 so you could use it on 7D, also etter has minimum whatever shutter speed.

QuoteWish somebody will tell me that if there is anyway that I can start ML without flashing the camera's firmware.

I think you're not really flashing the firmware, just enabling the boot disk flag after exploiting the FW updater. But on 5DIII I don't think you turn the boot flag off.

Danne

Quote from: Marsu42 on October 24, 2013, 12:20:27 AM
No, it's not in nightly yet, but it works - you can add the code from the pull request to your ml source and compile, or just compile the auto iso fork: https://bitbucket.org/Marsu42/ml-aiso

If you don't want to do that you'll have to wait until I've added another feature I'm working on :-) ... see here for updates: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8688.0

Sounds promising :)