Anamorphic costum squeeze factor

Started by swinxx, October 22, 2013, 04:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

Hello ml team!

I have got an lovely sharp iscorama lens which is in great shape. It should be 1.5x but is indeed 1.41x
So is it possible to add an option for a costum squeeze factor in future builds?
I know that this will probably be used by few people but it would be great if that option will be available.
If a costum is not possible it would also be great if you could add a 1.41 factor.

And one more question is: when im in anamorphic view and make an automatic wb with the rate button (which is so great and time saving) i can see an aera in the upper and lower part of the view where the automatic wb is not applied
Btw I have the latest build oct 22 and a 5dmk3
Thx sw

a1ex

In tweaks.c, edit anamorphic_ratio_num/den and menu choices and submit a pull request.

I'm not sure what do you mean by automatic WB not applied on parts of the image.

swinxx

hi alex.

i dont know if that is a good idea to let me do it, but i have done my best and edited the code!! and pulled a request.
hope it worked.

however what i mean by automatic wb is the option to make an automatic whitebalance adjustment with the rate button. then the wb is changed (depending on the lightning of the scene) and it looks like an color overlay in liveview when anamorphic desqueezing is activated because the upper and bottom area of the live view is in greyscale. that looks like its a bug but im not sure.

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: swinxx on October 22, 2013, 04:03:05 PM
i can see an aera in the upper and lower part of the view where the automatic wb is not applied

This is probably some sort of chromatic aberration caused by the anamorphic lens or some sort of tint in the glass.

swinxx

No problems with the lens. It looks like an overlay.

a1ex

swinxx

Aha... !
Is it possible to expand that liveview area  when recording with raw?

btw. Was the pulled request ok? Is there anything more to do?
Thx