Tips to increase write speed

Started by darkstarr, October 22, 2013, 01:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarr

hey folks,

is there any tips on improving write speed to sd card?
currently my lexar pro 600x (rated at 45mb write speed) can only write at around  34.0mb/s

i've tried
global draw off
hacked no preview
memory hack on
extra hacks on

raw picture quality only
turning on camera in photo mode > load Raw Module only > Dont click me > switch to video mode

but i still get a max write speed of about 34mb/s
i guess its the card but is there anything else i can try?
(if any of my steps doesn't make sense or are outdated / no longer needed let me know lol)

and as far as the best bang for buck sd card for raw, so far the pick is Sandisk Extreme 45/45?

cheers guys

Datadogie

You're doing well getting 34mb/s I thought the sd card controller on the 600d would only go up to 21mb/s.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

Yuppa

600D, where did you get that info?

Dig!c 4 bodies are liimited to 21, but 5(+) SD controllers are UHS-1, and can write faster.

Sounds perverse, I know, but his body HAS to be a newer model!

Edit: I've heard the Sandisk 95 is a tad (a relative term for sure) faster on Dig!c 4's, maybe it'll be faster for you (Dig!c >= 5).
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

darkstarr

Quote from: Datadogie on October 23, 2013, 06:03:39 PM
You're doing well getting 34mb/s I thought the sd card controller on the 600d would only go up to 21mb/s.

ah sorry, forgot to mention, this is on a 6D, sd controller is rated at 50mb. some users are reporting constant write speeds of 39-40mb/s on that camera