Script for deflickering and ramping ACR (.xmp) settings in Bridge

Started by dmilligan, October 17, 2013, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindfull

thanks a lot Dmilligan.

I thought i had to install something else to make it work...maybe i do.

i tried it now and got this message...

sorry to bother..and do try to figure it out...but my head will explote soon...going out to shoot another timelapse just now..will do more testing soon.

I do have something to figure out..after all deflicker is done I am doing the export DNG --> after effect--> prores  but somehow i get flicker movie after all of this...if i do export to jpg from LR it looks good..so i am guessing something on the dng are wrong...if anyone has a clue it will save me 40 hours of trying...hehehe..thank you.

barepixels

am getting same error too on Win 7.   Using latest LR CC 2015

mark first frame 1 star, last frame 1 star, select all, choose File > Plugin Extras > Run Deflicker

Canon 7d  Cr2
5D2 + nightly ML

dmilligan

For Windows I can't help you. You'll have to compile libjpeg yourself and put djpeg.exe in the plugin folder.

getho

this script is now the basis of my timelapse workflow.  I love it.  Is it possible to add dehaze to the script?

rsmith02

Can someone assist with compiling libjeg for Windows? I would like to try it as well but have no idea how to do this nor any programming-type software. I just shot a timelapse sunrise to donate to my town for marketing and would like it to look as good as possible.

rsmith02

Thanks Walter. I just downloaded the Windows binary from there and put it in the deflick.plugin folder. I still get the "Unsupported PPM format - Expected a binary RGB (P6)" error when attempting to apply them to my DNG files.

Is this script expecting a different version of or not work with DNGs?

Looking at the file, this appears to be a 2005 version of djpeg, version 6.2.1961.25445 if it matters.
I'm on 64 bit Windows 7 with Lightroom 6.5.

[Edit: the setup program doesn't seem to work so I only copied over the .exe. There is also a dependencies folder with a dll. I copied that into system32 but it still doesn't work]

rsmith02

If there is anything I can do to help troubleshoot this with LR 6, please let me know and I'll do my best.

Walter Schulz

I will try to reproduce your issue (Win7/8.1 and LR 2015 CC) but it will take some time.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, occupied with some other stuff. Will retry next weekend.

rsmith02

No problem at all. Let me know if there's anything I can do as a user to be helpful.

PaulJBis

Hello!

I just saw that dmilligan ported the deflickering script to Lightroom. My question is: is there any advantage in running it instead of using the Bridge version? The main one I can think of would be speed: is the Lua engine in Lightroom multithreaded? (Watching the deflickering script using just one core in my CPU gets kinda old...)

breaker

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 14, 2016, 11:39:11 AM
I will try to reproduce your issue (Win7/8.1 and LR 2015 CC) but it will take some time.

Tried the Plugin for Lightroom. LR CC 2015.5.1 running on Windows 10. Same problem here (Unsupported PPM format). The picture stored in the plugin diectory (temp.jpg) is also corrupted in some way. Can't be opened in PS, but Microsoft Pictures opens it, but there is a lot of horisontal lines:

img host

I appreciate all the work you all do for us!  :)
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

getho

sooo....
I have a particularly tricky sequence, I pulled aperture during a sunset and removed an nd filter at one point.  The exposures are all over the place but the sequence never clips.  I have 3 keyframes set (one at each end one in the middle).  Running the deflicker on the 0.5 percentile i end up with wildly more uneven exposure than in the original files., some frames are nearly black others really overexposed. The frames jump from light to dark with no reason that i can see - not corresponding to aperture or iso shifts.  I've also run it at .7 percentile and get a similar thing. What am I doing wrong?

rsmith02

I wanted to check back here and see if there's been any progress with the LR deflicker script. I just encountered a timelapse where ML's deflicker and LRTimelapse failed to do any meaningful deflickering on an ETTR sunset sequence and would love to see if this script does any better. I only have LR and not a modern copy of Bridge.

Happy to help test and troubleshoot if I can.

rsmith02

Forgive the multiple posts but today I tried to download a trial of Bridge CC to test out the script. Upon doing so I realized that Bridge CC is actually free, as in despite me not having a CC subscription I was allowed to download and use it without any apparent restrictions.  I do have an Adobe Account as I use Lightroom (non-subscription version).
Download it here: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/bridge

bwinters123

Can someone tell me how/if I can run the LrRamp and LrDeflick scripts in Lightroom 5.6?  I downloaded the .lua files, but I can't run them as a plugin and I don't know how to just run them as a script.  Is there someway to convert the .lua files into a proper plugin?  I also don't know how to "compile" djpeg?  Anyone got some tips for a sad total newb?

Thanks

classicbs

QuoteHello!

I just saw that dmilligan ported the deflickering script to Lightroom. My question is: is there any advantage in running it instead of using the Bridge version? The main one I can think of would be speed: is the Lua engine in Lightroom multithreaded? (Watching the deflickering script using just one core in my CPU gets kinda old...)

Me too, any news?

Cheers

classicbs

QuoteCan someone tell me how/if I can run the LrRamp and LrDeflick scripts in Lightroom 5.6?  I downloaded the .lua files, but I can't run them as a plugin and I don't know how to just run them as a script.  Is there someway to convert the .lua files into a proper plugin?  I also don't know how to "compile" djpeg?  Anyone got some tips for a sad total newb?

Thanks

according to dmulligan it doesn't work in light room 5

QuoteLR6 only. LR5 API does not have the requisite functions.

rsmith02

It actually doesn't work on LR 6 either.

Do what I did and download the latest version of Bridge CC. You actually don't need to be a paying Creative Cloud user (I'm not)- an Adobe account seems to be enough.

classicbs

Hi David,

I'm having trouble with using your script in lightroom 6 (version - 2015.6.1).  I've used it before in Bridge but it takes forever and sometimes just doesn't work (too many images at once?).  My friend installed djpeg after compiling it with brew and we've put it in the plugins folder but I'm getting the same error message as a previous user when I try to run the script "Unsupported PPM format -> Expected a binary RGB (P6)".  Can you help? I'd love to use this plug in in Lightroom (mainly as I think it'd be quicker?)

Thanks in advance

James

dmilligan

Jato

Sorry, because this thread is quite old, but: i still can't use LR deflicker plugin, and i just get that message:

Unsupported PPM format -> Expected a binary RGB (P6)

LR CC 2015
CR2 files from a 7Dmk2

Any help, please?
edit: i'm using the plugin version of the previous post, from the release page.

Jato

NitromanX

DMilligan - I love the ACR Bridge Ramp fantastic script - i used to use it for Canon 5D2 and ACR timelapses ...

The Ramp script still works in latest ACR Bridge 2020 ... but I just tried using Ramp Multiple and i can't get it to work in latest Bridge CC 2020.

I know it's an old script but should it be compatible? It's still incredibly helpful to all of us shooting timelapses.

I'm trying to install old version of Photoshop CS3 on Mojave ... to see if old script works but i guess it's a bit of a long shot.

Any update would be of great interest !

Big thanks !