VisionLOG profile for ACR & Lightroom

Started by Steven Griffith, October 14, 2013, 02:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockfallfilms

Quote from: ilia on October 27, 2013, 06:28:53 PM
so it doesn't work with Rawmagic?  how do you update raw2dng settings to recognize your camera?

It works fine with Rawmagic.

Kharak

once you go raw you never go back

simulacro

I had some shots that i didn't plan to use, because they were just tests, and seeing this LOG profile I thought it was a good chance to recycle them. For me, it was a very good help to use the profile. Right now, working raw video is another dimension. The shot that amazed me the most is this one:

When I shot it, the highlights on the lcd screen were totally blown out, and thought that it was going to be useless. When I opened it, the highlight detail was there.

This is the shot with the VisionLOG applied

Color corrected

The test
:

Canon 50d, Helios 44, Son of a batch; edited proxies in Premiere, sequence imported in AE for color correction

togg

Any chance to have this without passing through ACR? There's no way to have it directly in Resolve? Noob question probably :))

rockfallfilms

Quote from: togg on October 28, 2013, 11:54:28 PM
Any chance to have this without passing through ACR? There's no way to have it directly in Resolve? Noob question probably :))

Read my post a couple of pages back.

rockfallfilms

Quote from: simulacro on October 28, 2013, 10:45:14 PM

The test
:

Canon 50d, Helios 44, Son of a batch; edited proxies in Premiere, sequence imported in AE for color correction

Did you used warp stabiliser? On some of those shots the lower part of the frame is wobbling.

simulacro

Some of the shots were so shaky (5x crop mode) that i tried to correct them with the stabilization tool in AE cs5. Totally useless
This was only to show the result of the VisionLog

dude

The good thing on (mkiii) raw is that you can scale it up, the warp stabilizer is crap in my eyes, try to use the scaling- only method, with that you avoid wobbeling

simulacro

Quote from: dude on October 29, 2013, 12:58:03 PM
The good thing on (mkiii) raw is that you can scale it up, the warp stabilizer is crap in my eyes, try to use the scaling- only method, with that you avoid wobbeling

Thanks, i'll check it out.

Kharak

Newest raw2dng with Cam Profile for 5D2 with Median Algorithm.

Thanks to a.d.

5d2_raw2dng.zip

For Mac and Win
once you go raw you never go back

hjfilmspeed

So I have been a huge fan of your LUTs pictstyles ect for a while now. And I love this log profile!  its great for stills too! I use it on my 5d3 cr2s to flatten the image, then I bring it into photoshop to grade. Check it out!!!

http://jonathandenicholas.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/self-portraits/

http://jonathandenicholas.wordpress.com/2013/11/02/heather-sleeping/ (iso3200)

Thank you so much for this awesome profile!!!

Steven Griffith

Great work @simulacro, @hjfilmspeed! Really glad you find VisionLog beneficial to your workflow. (And as a non-photographer it's certainly good to see the profile amounts to more than just a bunch of color matrices)  ;)
Steven Griffith | VisionColor
www.vision-color.com
[email protected]

sammyb

Love this! Big fan of Vision, been shooting on you're profiles for awhile now and now that I'm doing RAW on my 5DMK3 this log profile is perfect! I color grade with FilmConvert however, so does anyone know the closest camera profile in FilmConvert I could use? Or well just have to wait for FilmConvert to bring out a profile?

EDIT: Flicked back a bit and read it needs a dedicated profile in Film Convert to be simulated correctly. Hopefully well see it in their soon! Vision Color should kindly ask if they could implement it ;)

mrnv45

u got to upgrade your camera packs
in film convert

sammyb

Quote from: mrnv45 on November 08, 2013, 08:56:36 AM
u got to upgrade your camera packs
in film convert

Huh? I'm running the latest version of FilmConvert, as far as I know a profile for Vision Color Log in Film Convert doesn't exist yet.

mrnv45

oh i mean if you want a accurate profile in Filmconvert, they have camera packs to download.  to choose multiple camera models settings

simulacro

Quote from: Steven Griffith on November 04, 2013, 05:48:27 PM
Great work @simulacro, @hjfilmspeed! Really glad you find VisionLog beneficial to your workflow. (And as a non-photographer it's certainly good to see the profile amounts to more than just a bunch of color matrices)  ;)

I have a little shortfilm edited, soon i'll show the result applying the VisionLog on AE

mrnv45

visionlog profile with a little bit of touch up > film convert to grade

arturochu

which source camera setting in filmconvert do you recommend for visionlog? i think technicolor its the most accurate am i right?
Chu

mrnv45

i just use the canon - standard. i dont have the full version with all the add ons..

giarcpnw

Hey guys, I have raw2dng.13 and rawmagic. Photoshop 6 and Lightroom 5. ACR 8.2 and I have dropped the VisionLog profile folder in the CameraProfiles folder of the CameraRaw folder. I can not get VisionLog to show up under the profiles in ACR when it opens one of my DNGs in Photoshop. I only get the standard canon profiles. What the heck am i doing wrong?

Thanks

C

mrnv45

you have to go to your

proper user directory there is one that shows LIBRARY and then one that doesnt... cause its hidden... you have to un hide that using easiest way to temporarily reveal the ~/Library folder is to open Finder.

On the menu bar, at the top, select Go to reveal the drop-down menu and then hold down the Option key (marked ALT) and you will see the ~/Library folder appear. You may now select this ~/Library folder with your mouse or trackpad.

As soon as you release the Option key, the ~/Library folder will be hidden once more.

then follow the library>blah>blah>profiles  and put it in that folder...

giarcpnw

So many hours banging head on desk. Thank you!!!!!!

mrnv45

trust me, i know... i was there 2 weeks ago lol