550d audio vs 600d

Started by ReinisK, October 10, 2013, 11:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReinisK

Hey!

A while ago I sold my 2,5 year old Canon 550d and got 600d instead. I cannot stop the feeling that 600d has more noise in the audio than 550d had.
Since I don't have my 550d anymore, I cannot test this, so maybe some of you guys know on which camera audio is better?
550d didn't have the analog mic boost feature, which the 600d has, so 600d could even be better than 550d, but I am still thinking otherwise.
What is your opinion?

bidbit

Bro u are right about that the 600d have more noise than the 550d i fill like getting my back

bidbit

u do have a solution to that?

ReinisK

I just love the articulated screen and digital zoom, don't want to go back to 550d.
Anyone else with an opinion here? If that is true, why is it so? Can it be improved?

1%

The audio ICs are different and the noise they produce is going to be different...

the solution is a camera with AK4646 like 5DIII/6D. I notice a difference too. 4646 is silent with no digital gain applied, lapis is not. Well maybe if you only use a little mic boost and a little analog gain.

N/A

Speaking of which, can we get a sync beep option for h264 increased bitrate?
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

paulnb

Hello.
I was surprised to find the 600d audio not as good as the 550d my friend has.

I now use the preamp solution and are very happy with the results. The one i use is the fiioe6 (http://fiio.net/products/index.aspx?ID=100000038039712&MenuID=105026001) it does the job very well.

Here is a vid of the previous model being used to improve the sound from a cheap chinese mic ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ciTVl_Okag )

Its small and cheap i paid £18.00 new for mine of amazon, i also use a headphone splitter on the output terminal so i get a good idea what the mic is picking up.

There are plenty of makes of headphone amps on the market if you are looking for a cheap solution they may be an option for you.

Hope it helps.