[WONTFIX] HARRIS Shutter effect

Started by meDan0003, August 14, 2013, 01:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meDan0003

I have absolutely no experience with magic lantern; with this in mind.

I was wondering if my 7d could possibly make a photograph in camera that follows this effect. I'd imagine if cameras can do double exposures, they could record RGB channels onto one photograph but at stalled intervals.

i.e.
http://petapixel.com/2012/10/27/weekend-project-use-the-harris-shutter-effect-for-colorful-photos/

Greg

chmee

when the scripting-engine's back, this is a job for that. but of course, this is a simple photoshop-thang.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Audionut

Things that can be done in post processing usually don't make it into ML.

psihodrill

try use Photoshop! Kids becoming so lazy.

meDan0003

if anyone is lazy it would be people who don't want to innovate because you can do it in photoshop... anyone who knows how to do the harris shutter effect must be pretty dedicated to Learning photography. the idea is to see immediate results because believe it or not the effect doesn't work well in many situations.

a1ex

You should better give it a try instead of arguing.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on October 10, 2013, 08:59:34 AM
You should better give it a try instead of arguing.

But he (are there any she, here, ever?) used a larger font size for the request :-p !

a1ex

Of course, larger font sizes and calling others lazy will increase the likelyhood of WONTFIX ;)

and regarding
Quote from: meDan0003 on October 10, 2013, 05:24:24 AM
anyone who knows how to do the harris shutter effect must be pretty dedicated to Learning photography.
And what exactly is wrong with that?

Quotethe idea is to see immediate results because believe it or not the effect doesn't work well in many situations

If you want to implement it, you can try two approaches:

- modify the HDR preview code from SET+MainDial (you have yuv2rgb, writing a rgb2yuv from that is not hard)
- use the dual ISO preview approach and modify the raw data directly (you need at least 10+20+10 MB of temporary RAM, you should not be afraid of packed bits, and expect somewhere between 5 and 30 seconds of processing time, or around 1 second if you have really good code optimization skills).

So yeah, it's technically possible, but since it can be done in post easily, it falls at the very bottom of our priority list. But that should not stop you from trying ;)