Canon T2i/550D Maximum Write Speed?

Started by mbickerdike, October 21, 2013, 06:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbickerdike

Ok so just curious. I have looked around and it seems the max write speed the T2i/550D is capable of from the Camera to the card in any situation is 6 MB/s. I am just trying to see if there is any truth to this and if and where there is proof? I see people using the 30 MB/s cards and if the max really is 6 MB/s it's just about overkill.

However I do not know if this limitation (if this is even the limitation) is different when loaded with ML. I am using ML now and I am just curious about what the actual limitation may be getting the images/video from the camera onto the card.

Thanks.

Rewind

Around 21MB/s actually. Other way, how even were we able to shoot raw video at say 1200x496? ;)

walter_schulz

6 MByte/s sounds like the requirement for h.264 data stream = Canon's interpretation of "Full HD Video" at 25/30 fps.

Ciao
Walter

mbickerdike

I agree, I just am trying to justify the higher speed cards by knowing what it actually is. I wonder if it's the same with or without ML?

mbickerdike

Ran a verification on my Polaroid 32GB class 10 and it writes @ 20 MB/s and reads at about 44. My cheap Unirex 32gb cards only did about 14.6 MB/s. (Tested w/ 400 MB)