Important Question about Canon 70D

Started by saeed2vfx, October 08, 2013, 11:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saeed2vfx

Hi !

I want to buy a camera for videography, and I don't know which camera is best for raw recording??
I Really like Canon EOS 70D for focus system and some other Abilities,
But I fear that Canon EOS 70D Misses work with ML  :-\

(sorry for my bad english)

alsey7

i woud not get a 70D. for a simple fact sd card for raw_rec is slow. go buy 7D built like a Tank and has one of the fastest CF write speed controller. I would never trust auto focus. Its like driving Manual cars once you drive stick. you never go back driving automatic. Remember there is no Man in automatic. ;D

painya

Quote from: saeed2vfx on October 08, 2013, 11:37:46 PM
Hi !

I want to buy a camera for videography, and I don't know which camera is best for raw recording??
I Really like Canon EOS 70D for focus system and some other Abilities,
But I fear that Canon EOS 70D Misses work with ML  :-\

(sorry for my bad english)
Almost all professionals (99.99%) use manual focus, and it seems that it will be a while before the 70d is ML equipped :/
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

saeed2vfx

thanQ my friends,

But my question is about buffer size and Max write speed and somthing like this !

this camera has everything I need from my digital camera, just I'm fear about ML...

I hope ML developers answer me...

a1ex

There's no ML for 70D yet, so I have no idea. Most likely it will be similar to the other DIGIC V models with SD card (but that's just a wild guess).

saeed2vfx

Quote from: a1ex on October 09, 2013, 02:06:31 PM
There's no ML for 70D yet, so I have no idea. Most likely it will be similar to the other DIGIC V models with SD card (but that's just a wild guess).

tanQ a1ex  :)

Ranger187

Quote from: alsey7 on October 08, 2013, 11:51:51 PM
i woud not get a 70D. for a simple fact sd card for raw_rec is slow. go buy 7D built like a Tank and has one of the fastest CF write speed controller. I would never trust auto focus. Its like driving Manual cars once you drive stick. you never go back driving automatic. Remember there is no Man in automatic. ;D

I don't know where you got your facts from, but that's truly not the case. I own a 70D and I shoot at RAW+JPG and still get nearly 7FPS with a Sandisk Extreme.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, you didn't get the point.
saeed2vfx referred to the raw_rec function and this is the RAW video mode. ML achievement.
You referred to the RAW photo mode. As done by Canon without any assistance by ML developers.

To get 7 RAWs per second into the camera's buffer is not that difficult, it's built for. To get RAW video as continuous data stream to the card is just another level.

But you got one point right: Alsey7 missed to present facts. See A1ex' post.

Ciao
Walter

alsey7

Not trying to talk trash about 70D or other people that buy it.

ya sorry about that I might have gotten facts wrong i was talking about  Raw_rec.

inst 7D mark 2 coming out. ;D put thats another thread

saeed2vfx

Now I have Canon 70D and I'm waiting for ML  :)