"Dichotomy" 50D Magic Lantern RAW short film

Started by D.L. Watson, October 08, 2013, 07:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.L. Watson

After being pointlessly confronted, a quiet mechanic must contend with his darker, more sinister self.

Shot on the Canon 50D with a Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens
RAW with Magic Lantern RAW

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the film. Please consider following if your liked it. Thanks!
See my portfolio of work at www.dlwatson.net

3pointedit

Well that was super cool. Great effects work, really like that head switch in the bathroom. Only drawback for me was the weird skin tone on highlights, were they blown out in frame or pushed in the grade. Looked a bit to vieoish.
550D on ML-roids

D.L. Watson

Quote from: 3pointedit on October 22, 2013, 08:10:32 AM
Well that was super cool. Great effects work, really like that head switch in the bathroom. Only drawback for me was the weird skin tone on highlights, were they blown out in frame or pushed in the grade. Looked a bit to vieoish.

Quite Possibly. It was graded by another colorist. I know this was the colorists first film he's done.

It's probably not the best example of RAW from the 50D, I did learn a lot making this little short - especially the file-sizes I'd have to manage.

Thanks for watching though!

rebelx2010

Nice video. Got a question, what did you use for you audio?

andy68

Quote from: D.L. Watson on October 08, 2013, 07:24:57 AM
After being pointlessly confronted, a quiet mechanic must contend with his darker, more sinister self.

Shot on the Canon 50D with a Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens
RAW with Magic Lantern RAW

good work man!!
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the film. Please consider following if your liked it. Thanks!

D.L. Watson

Quote from: rebelx2010 on November 04, 2013, 07:14:58 PM
Nice video. Got a question, what did you use for you audio?

I used a Tascam DR-680 with a Audio Technica Microphone. Not sure which one off the top of my head.