New T3i owner from Louisiana

Started by Steph, October 06, 2013, 07:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steph

How ya'll are from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! :)

Just learned of ML and watched the video presentation.  I bought my first DSLR in the hopes of beginning a hobby in Astrophotography.  Since I've started, I have stacked images of constellations, star trails and comets.  I've recently become interested in "Timelapse Photography" but as yet have not begun.  I am also interested in daylight wildlife photography.  I've used an intervalometer many times through a computer software program.  I like the idea of not having to be connected to a computer w/ your product.  Motion Detect is an option that I'd like to pursue. 

I wonder if it is possible to combine motion detect w/ intervalometer, where the camera starts exposures upon motion, but, it would be possible to pre-program a finite series of time separated multiple shots??  For instance,  (motion - begin series - 10 frames - each separated by 5 sec.) then, mandatory cool down period or rest period, (say 30 min.), that motion would not start exposures before the next series begins??

Thanks for the product, the website forum and your consideration,
Steph
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Steph
Baton Rouge, Louisiana U.S.A.
Astrophotography Captures My Soul Like Skydog Allman Blues _ T3i / 18-55mm lens kit _ StellarVue Raptor 90mm Triplet Refractor