no ETTR on 600d/t3i

Started by saltador, October 04, 2013, 03:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltador

I'm the only one.

Canon t3i/ build 2013-10-03  ( erased all ML from card an dropped the new build)

Camera setting

set to M
image review 4 sec
Quality Raw

ML setting

Modules...the only thing set in ETTR OK
Expo.  Auto ETTR Always ON, everything else default

Overlay
Global draw ON all modes
Zebras RAW RGB
Histogram RAW Histogram, ETTR hint

everthing else is in default..

I take photos but ETTR is not adjusting..took many many..not adjusting...if i turn on live view it works fine..shows the new beautiful menu bar, all the information is there and adjust the settings to optimal ETTR...

Is this a new thing?
it was working without live view before...

Thank you.

dmilligan

Make sure ISO is not set to Auto

Is it beeping after you take a picture? If it only beeps once that means it determined that the exposure was already correct and no adjustment was needed.

saltador

nope..ISO on camera is set to 800...i check that to make sure that wasn't it..

no beeps after a pic is taken..

in live view it does adjust..

no beeps..i point the camera to different place to let it adjust and nothing..

do you have the 600d and it works fine?

thanks dmilligan

RenatoPhoto

Post all of the settings under ETTR
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

dmilligan

Quote from: saltador on October 04, 2013, 04:11:38 PM
do you have the 600d and it works fine?

Nope, just 60D and 1100D. Works fine on 60D, 1100D does not have raw capabilities yet.

Do you have image review in the canon menu turned on? If you turn it off, ETTR can't work.

saltador

saltador

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on October 04, 2013, 04:12:43 PM
Post all of the settings under ETTR

I delete ML from card and dropped the new build 2013-10-03 on my card.

in pref i restored ML settings
in module i turn ON ETTR (only thing that is ON)

Auto ETTR Always ON
trigger mode Always ON
slowest shutter 1/16
exposure target -05EV
highlight ignore 0.2%
allow clipping OFF
MIdtone SNR 6EV
Shadow SNR 2EV
link to canon shutter OFF
link to Dual ISO ON  (this is how it comes as default)
show metered areas OFF
show debug inf OFF

OK..one more thing...maybe a bug..

in ML menu...when i select a setting in MOVIE MODE and I scroll up or down i can switch from setting to settings and make changes
BUT..in M mode if i scroll up or down it changes the values of current setting but not moving up or down in the menu.

is this a bug or is how its suppose to be?

thanks.

RenatoPhoto

Maybe it is not enabled in nightly builds.  Try 1% builds here:
https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-2.0/downloads
I think the latest is NewMem.zip
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

saltador

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on October 04, 2013, 05:48:32 PM
Maybe it is not enabled in nightly builds.  Try 1% builds here:
https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-2.0/downloads
I think the latest is NewMem.zip

thanks renato...tried your link..newmem..and same thing.....no working...weird..wonder what i'm doing wrong.

do you have latest build on 600d? working?

can't think of anything else to try..

in live view it adjust to correct ETTR..
but out of it it won't..also in intervalometer won't work either..

wuao..very tricky stuff..

a1ex

ETTR is more than 3 months old, and this problem went unnoticed until now?!

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on October 04, 2013, 06:27:35 PM

Unlike dual_iso which is a real killer feature imho ettr is rather specialized due to the delay if your're not shooting in lv (and a lot of people don't, otherwise you could get a p&s)... also at daylight and lower iso, noise is no problem, so why the hassle to ettr.

The other possibility I can think of is that not as many users as we think are bold enough to use nightly on their precious dslr, if that's the case maybe it's time to think of another stable ml with the current feature set.

saltador

Quote from: a1ex on October 04, 2013, 06:27:35 PM

hi.

it was working before... more or less..but switched to my 5dmark ii because it was more stable there...

i came back to my 600d to try again with the latest build..thinking that by now all will be easier..and found this..

have not idea what i could be doing wrong since i tried everything i mentioned earlier...maybe i´m not installing properly..don´t know..I think i´m doing all the proper steps but don´t know why it wont work...

is there a debug or screen shot i can show you where it could show the problem.....

thanks

a1ex

You are not doing anything wrong; this feature simply did not work on 600D from the beginning.

saltador

WHAT.......ARE YOU KIDDING ME.....hehehe...wuao..that makes sense now....i still don´t know if you are joking...

surprised that nobody mentioned earlier...
surprised that it shows as an option if it wont work...
i thought renato was using it in his 600d...
i miss that...

Oh well...thank you so much for your help...
bytheway..

love your work..love you style...and i hope to lean more..

THANKS.

1%

Yep, nobody merged  the state to get the raw data.

ToniX

Autoettr function is still alive in the latest available tagic lantern2 release for 600D.How do judge if it is working correctly or not ?
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

timdit

It can't be that auto ettr never worked on t3i,sinve I have one working with a build from July and September  both working very well, I did a time lapse last night with it. Something broke with deflicker between those builds so I'm stuck with the build from 1% from July but that one works perfectly with auto ettr and deflicker (I can only get ufraw to work, but it works very well).

Any chance we can get both of these features back in new builds or am I stuck with old features to keep ettr?

Tim