5D Mark III on Vimeo

Started by Fauxto, October 04, 2013, 10:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fauxto

The clip is password protected and will be available for some days only. I'ts a very good showcase of the quality of the camera and the hack:

Password: FORUM

Rewind

Please tell me what's the reason to put passwords on such a mediocre tests like this?

Fauxto

Lol, what a nice comment.

Well, you don't have to be a genius to understand the reason behind the password protection. Hint: it has nothing to do with the quality of the video.

edwmotion

Quote from: Rewind on October 04, 2013, 10:52:45 AM
Please tell me what's the reason to put passwords on such a mediocre tests like this?

douchebag

N/A

Quote from: Rewind on October 04, 2013, 10:52:45 AM
No need for the rude comment, it's not adding to the discussion.

OP, why post the video if it's only going to be available shortly?
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Rewind

Apologize if my comment seemed rude or offensive. May be the word 'mediocre' did that? If that's the matter, then i'm sorry — my english still sucks.
What i meant is... i totally didn't get the point of password, especially on the temporary footage. And what's so special about it? We've seen a ton of 5d3 tests here already.
Anyway, better back to work )

Broughtonfilm

Quote from: Rewind on October 06, 2013, 09:02:47 AM
Apologize if my comment seemed rude or offensive. May be the word 'mediocre' did that? If that's the matter, then i'm sorry — my english still sucks.
What i meant is... i totally didn't get the point of password, especially on the temporary footage. And what's so special about it? We've seen a ton of 5d3 tests here already.
Anyway, better back to work )

You'll understand one day when you have kids.

The video shows subtleties in skintones and hair colors beautifully. Definitelly an advantage over H.264

Thanks for sharing.

Fauxto

Thanks a lot.

I shot it with a minimal rig so the kids didn't feel intimidated. I used a Canon 24-70 2.8 lens, mostly wide open which lends a very nice creaminess to the image.

IMO it's also very interesting and a testament of the quality of the hack how well the corridor behind the kids holds highlight detail, since it received direct sunlight.