Weird glitches in Resolve, but not in the DNGs 5D II Raw

Started by robert.roth001, October 04, 2013, 04:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert.roth001

Hey,

For starters, I'm using the current stable alpha version of Magic Lantern (not sure of the exact build, but I can figure that out if necessary). I just started getting into this whole raw thing with my 5D II so I don't have a 1000x card yet. Only my old x133 card. Either way, I wanted to shoot some test footage and basically see what the workflow is like. So I shot everything at 960x408 (2.35 aspect ratio). No dropped frames, continuous recording. Awesome. Everything went well.

Until I opened the DNGs up in resolve and saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0IExrhE1Ag (I upscaled to 1080p because... why not)
I shot and cut together an incredibly short piece to really get a feel for how this camera works on a narrative project. Didn't get any sound though (didn't feel like it/I've done sync sound before so I'm not worried about that).
If you didn't notice, there are 100s of pink dots (especially in the first two shots) and weird colored borders on all shots.

I was going to upload some DNGs and ask what was going on... but then I decided to take a look in photoshop. To my amazement each clip is completely clean -- no glitches in sight. What in the world could be making resolve do this? I extracted the .raw files using raw2cdng1.3.0 and used bitdepth 16 | linear. I don't think that's it since the DNGs are clean as anything with photoshop (actually camera raw 8.2, but whatever) but I figured I'd still mention it.

So yeah, any idea what could be going on? If I missed any vital information just let me know. Also, if DNGs would still be useful I can upload them. What would be a good site to use though? Not up to date on what's best to use for you kids and your file sharing. :)

Thanks for any insight,
Robert Roth